54.

December 6th 1991

Katrina

" As you all know we throw parties every year but we need to all vote where to do it, if y'all want to rent out a building and through the party there or do it at home?" Gina said as she stood in front of us as we all sat on the couch.

Almost everyone voted on the first one. "We should do it at home We have been doing that for years what's why change that?" Mrs Avery asked.

"Baby this sounds like a good idea to do plus we can dance on the floor an-"

"Sounds fun right, I'm decorating the place I gotta get the gifs too- so exciting" she smiled hard thinking about it.

I giggled.

Then that next morning we going to have Christmas here. "Huh?- Gina I thought we doing that on the 16th I don't think that's a good idea" la'mar adds.

"I agree, what if we wasted from partying so much the night before?" Lloyd said.

"Well fine on the 16th it is". She replied.

"That's all?"

"Yup"

"Ma, are you going to cook this year?" Lloyd asked as Mrs Avery nodded her head.

"Don't I always do that every year?".

"Yeah, last year you lost your touch seasoning the chicken".

"No I did not stop lying boy".

"I'm not I thought you let miss rivers cook".

Mr Avery laughed. "Now you know white people can't seasoning right".

"Stop talking to me Lloyd " Mrs Avery said.

"I'm playing ma" he laughed.

"I know damn well you were"

~

"Thanks Santa" I said to him as Lori got off his lap after talking a picture.

"Mommy, I met Santa I can't wait to make cookies for him". I grabbed her hand and walked her around at the mall.  we soon got hungry so we stopped at the food court.

I got us corn dogs and fries.

Lori dip her corn dog in ketchup.

"Ma, is Santa going to buy you and daddy something?".

"Yes, of course honey".

"Yay".

"Mommy-"

"Huh?"

"On Christmas I want you, me and daddy to wear matching pajamas".

"Okay anything for you my love". I said.

We finished eating on the way out the food court we bumped into Donald and Monica.

"Hey" Monica said smiling she looks down at Lori. "Is this your little girl?"

"Yes this is Lori Lori say hi to Monica and Donal".

"Hello" she got shy held my leg.

Donald smiled as he had his hands in his jacket. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Well I took her to  meet Santa".

I didn't make any eye contact with Donald I kept my eyes on Monica as we continued to talk.

He bent down grab Lori hand talking to her trying to brake her shyness. "Don't be shy we don't bite you probably don't remember me but I held you when you were a little baby".

"You did? Mommy never told me that".

He laughs. "Yeah".

"What about now can you still pick me up?"

He nodded his head he picked her up and held her. Monica and I look at him with her so  fucking cute!.

I'm surprised to see them.

Talking to Monica we both always bump heads in high school from the fact she's donalds girlfriend but we're older now she has him now both seem happy I can't be mad about that.

I pager buzzed I took it out from my purse look at the numbers. "Welp gotta go Lloyd is outside it was good talking".

"You too bye pretty girl".

"Bye" she said as she waved.

We left out the door got into the car Lori stood up kissed Lloyd on the cheek. "Mwah"

"Baby guess what?"

"What?"

"How about my dad wants me to learn Spanish for my auntie and uncles they coming to the Christmas party".

"Spanish?" Lori shouted.

"Your grandpa is black and Mexican his dad (great grandpa)is Mexican and mom (Great grandma)  is black....and your grandma is black".

"Wow but you don't look Mexican".

"I am just half".

"Aww babe that will be fun".

"No it's not I don't know shit about that my dad didn't teach me or Gina that- I gotta learn this in two weeks I'm going to be stressed ".

I giggled.

"It won't be that bad".

"Join then".

"Nah I'm scared of your dad he doesn't play I'm scared to mess up".

"Me too".

"It going to be fun to meet you Mexican side of the family ".

"I haven't seen them in years when I say years- believe it or not I use to get picked on by my friends they didn't believe that I was half Mexican they said I was liar theres no way I was Mexican because how my father look so black, so I just let that go" he said as drove the car.

"So rude".

"It okay tho I don't have to prove shit to anyone because I'm black at the end of the day".

I nodded my head.

That was fucked they judge him like but at the same time they wasn't lying on how Lloyd didn't look Mexican but Lloyd explained how his great grandfather was Mexican and great Grandma was black.

We got out the car I got Lori inside the house she went to her room went to go play. I walked to Lloyd showed him the pictures Lori took he smiled. "Damn she looks like me".

I cleared my throat. "And you baby, my bad but you know my genes took over". He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my lips.

"Yea she does look like you it makes me so jealous how her whole face is yours".

"Can you do something for me" he whispered in my ear which sent chills down my spine. "Yes" I mumbled.

"Make me something to eat please".

"Really you could've said that out loud".

He laughs.

I playfully rolled my eyes. "ight,".

He kissed my cheek walked off happyly. "Thanks".