48.

Katrina | Home

Katrina | Home

"I'm Martin, I will be y'all married counselor I don't know if you know this but Lloyd and I got way back wassup my brother" he dap him.

Oh here we go.

"So, who would like to start first?"

"Me, I have a problem with her mouth her getting besides herself she really forgot who's the man".

"Okay, how long this been going on?"

"For years".

"Years oh wow Lloyd okay" I rolled my eyes.

"Pause how long y'all been together?".

"Since 87 right after she broke up with her first boyfriend it's now 91?.....four years"

"Interesting..... why did you brake up with your first boyfriend?"

"Because he was cheating on me that's why" I said with an attitude.

"No need for the attitude miss"

"See shit like that but people want to say I'm the problem- what about her ass".

"On Don't act innocent you have been doing everything under the mood with your thug activity with your friends ".

"You been my lifestyle before you got with me".

"Okay okay let's change it here Lloyd what love about Katrina ".

"Shit I can go on and on about it" he looked at me making me smile. "How much a hard working mother, her personality, the way she cook, dress, how giving she is; I was never used to seeing girls like that the ones I messed with where hoes downgrade ys know ".

"Right, what abour you? Why you love about Lloyd ".

"How much he's a go getter he is, how much a great father he is to our daughter she loves her daddy to death she almost like him. How smart he is we'll when he wants to be" I said smiling.

"Thank you" he lean back on the couch.

"See was that hard?".

"No".

The beginning was easy until we got deep I got uncomfortable sitting there as our conversation got more and more personal.

"I hate to say this but I feel like she hasn't gotten over her ex I think I came in the mix to make him jealous".

"Huh?! That's not true".

"You can say that all day but that's the honest god truth just be real with a nigga so I can move on Trina I'm not mad I can't hurt you you're the mother of my child; I'm 23 years old now I don't have time for the bullshit ". Tears fell down my face as I shocked my head.

I was guilty.

"No! That is not true can we stop talking about him like seriously".

"Is this about your ex?".

"Yeah man a nigga not stupid" he smacked his lips and turn away.

"Maybe it's me I'm the problem I need to put myself first I need to know my worth-".

"You do hell you need to go church " he mumbled.

"Ooo I can't " I stood up let walked to the bathroom and slammed the door.

"Open up the door we ain't done yet- we gonna finish this solve this all at once".

I wipe my eyes threw away the napkin came back out.

"What are the next step?"

"I'm willing to work but I gotta be honest with you if you don't want to be with me after this then okay we can file for a divorce"

"Ight talk to me"..

"For the past year I've been with Donald- that's why I been acting out towards you, you're right at what you said me being with you to make Donald jealous but it back fired I realized Donald doesn't love me he's in love with Monica.... Lloyd you may be an ass from time to time but I know youre in love with me".

He stared at me for a few seconds until he pulled out a Newport lit it up.

Martin sat there observing us.

"I knew it I fucking knew it how could you, you ain't shit".

"Are you going to Leave or stay".

"I- Don't know i don't want us to break but I ain't finna get cheating on-".

"As for the ex are you two messing around still".

"No in fact we haven't talked in a month".

"Fuck this I can't sit here let this bitch talk about her ex" he got up left out the door slamming it hard.

"Lord have mercy this is to toxic I had to get out of character- I'm need a smoke break".

I followed him out the door Lloyd stepped back mean mug the hell out of me.

"I'm done, go live your life as a hoe shawty for real".

"What are you saying?"

"Me and you as husband and wife is done we getting a divorce asap ".

"Lloyd "

"Don't Lloyd me we over". He took his ring off and threw it over .

"Are you for real?".

"Aw man not the ring dawg you could've pawn that".

"I'm good she can pawn hers I'll get the shit back in a day- let's go".

"I'll be at your mom house to pick up my daughter ".

"Okay" mumbled him and Martin went in the car, I cried as I saw him pulled off.

The next day Lloyd came to the house with a u haul with his friends too all his things out the house.

I sat in the living annoyed as they walked back and forth from the TV.

Lloyd fake explained to Lori why he was leaving so she wouldn't cry and ask why he was leaving.

Lloyd didn't say one word to me. He really hates my guts right now I hate that maybe I shouldn't have told him the truth.