Season 3 Episode 1: The Surge

Kai: The ultimate battle. The battle that would end all battles. It feels like ages ago. After the Golden Ninja and Guardian Of The Spinjitzu Master, defeated the Overlord, much of Ninjago City was in ruin. It was a time to reflect on our past, and build for our future. (A photo of the ninja and their allies is shown in the Ninjago City paper. Reconstruction of the city is now underway.)

Cyrus Borg: Great work, people. Together, we can do it. Transportation group, align with engineering.

Kai: Ninjago City soon became New Ninjago city. And it became the center of great technological advancements. But without an enemy to fight, the age of the ninja came to an end. (The scene switches to a bathroom where Jay is seen holding a camera in a mirror reflection. Kai is taking a shower and noticed Jay.)

Kai: Hey! How about a little privacy, you--? (The clip stops; Kai is shown to be in a classroom wearing a suit and operating a film projector.)

Kai: Whoa! This isn't supposed to be in here. Lights please! (Students begin giggling as he can't turn off the projector.)

Kai: Ugh! Seriously?

Student: Come quick! Mr. Zane's on the fritz! (Students are laughing as Zane is shorting out.)

Zane: Up. No, down. Whoa!

Cole: What's going on here?

Sally: Brad got an ultra remote from New Ninjago City and it's controlling Mr. Zane.

Kazashi: Let me take this. (He took the remote from Brad's hand, and gave it to Cole.)

Cole: How do you turn this thing off?

Zane: Hurry up, Cole. My liquid spirit level is making me less level.

(Cole smashes the remote, and Zane stops.)

Zane: Ah.

Brad: Mr. Cole is the worst.

Cole: I heard that. (A bell rings and the kids run out, bumping Cole out of the way but the kids go around Kazashi.) Ah, recess. My favorite time.

Kazashi: Heh speak for yourselves.

(Darkley's Boarding School is shown to have been bought by the ninja and renamed Wu's academy. Some students are shown laughing in the yard while the ninja are in the teacher's lounge.)

Jay: (Sighs.) All right! Who took my pudding cup? My name was clearly written on it.

Cole: I didn't see "Motor Mouth" on it.

Jay: I'm telling the headmaster.

Wu: Leave me out ofit. I'm on break, too.

Kai: Relax, Jay, you can have mine.

Jay: But this isn't cold. (Zane fips a switch in his arm and freezes the cup.) Oh, give me. Mm. Is anyone else chapped that Lloyd and Caila gets to be the golden ninja and silver ninja and fly around accepting awards while we're stuck here being teachers with no powers? Ah. I miss our elemental weapons.

Zane: Remember Jay, our powers came from us not our weapons.

Kai: Speaking of which where is Kazashi, Aya and Nya?

Aya: (comes inside the room.) Huft, sorry. I have something to work on.

Kazashi: Same.

Cole: I heard you guys made a new song?

Aya: Yes, we are. With Caila help.

Kai: Caila here's too?