Season 12 Episode 15: The Temple of Madness

(Jay, Caila, Kazashi, and Nya stand in front of a conveyor belt leading to the Temple of Madness.)

Caila: Every single path leads straight into a spinning blade.

Jay: (One of the blades glitch.) Look at there! See it? There was a thing, for a second. (Another blade glitches again.) There's another! It's like the game has a glitch!

Nya: Back on Dyer Island, we learned this was Dyer's very first adventure game, but it was never released because of problems.

Kazashi: Looks like we found them.

Jay: Video game obstacles are usually on a time loop.

Caila: So if we get the timing down, we can make it to the other side.

Jay: But the glitches are unpredictable, and we can't get past them safely.

Nya: Then I guess we'll have to improvise.

Jay: Just like dancing.

(The two hold hands and start to go through the conveyor belt. Caila and Kazashi stands back before following behind them.)

Jay: One, two, three, step! (They step through a spinning blade.) One, two, three, jump! (They leap over another blade.)

Nya: One, two, three, roll! (They roll through a third blade and encounter a glitch.)

Kazashi: Other track, now!

(They leap to the other conveyor belt, but Jay loses balance and falls. Nya grabs his hand in time.)

Nya: (They encounter another glitch.) It's the other glitch!

Caila: Pick up the pace! Come on!

(They successfully pass through the rest of the blades and reach the other side.)

Jay: Piece of cake. Okay, get ready. Video games usually increase in difficulty as you progress.

Nya: So whatever is on the other side of this door is gonna be even worse.

Caila: We go on the count of three. (Jay, Kazashi and Nya nod.) One...two...thre- (The door to the Temple opens. The four enter only to find an empty Sushi Restaurant.)

Hostess: (Bowing.) Welcome.

Jay: The Temple of Madness has a sushi restaurant?

Nya: Where are all the guests?

Hostess: We've been expecting you.

Kazashi: You have?

Hostess: Of course. Jay Walker, party of three. Right this way.

Jay: Oh, perfect, cause l'm starving!

Kazashi: (Stops him.) Jay, it's a trap!

Jay: No it isn't. Lots of games have areas like this, where you can recharge or power up, before you have to take on the boss.

Caila: Are you sure? (Looks around the restaurant.) Because I'm not really feeling that this is an "area to power up."

Jay: Look, if this was a trap, they'd have come up with something a little more dangerous than a sushi restaurant. Trust me. (The four sit down at the table.)

Hostess: May I tell you today's specials?

Jay: Yes, you may. Boy, am I hungry!

Hostess: To start, we have some albacore tuna with garlic, crispy onions, and marinated destruction! (Her eyes glow red and she pulls out a kitchen knife, chopping the table in half.) Hiya!