Season 12 Episode 14: The Prodigal Father

(At the Monastery of Spinjitzu, Wu and Misako are in the Hanger Bay, browsing through security cameras of Ninjago City.)

Wu: Nothing. Nothing! Still nothing. Even more nothing! Argh! (he picks up a walkie-talkie.) Pixal, we have checked almost every security camera in Ninjago City. There is no sign of where the Mechanic may have taken Zane. (Silence.) P.I.X.A.L.? Tyke? Zane? Anyone?

(The security alarm goes off, indicating a security breach. Wu checks the camera in the elevator, and is surprised to see "Aya".)

Wu: Athaya! (Opens the elevator.)

("Aya" turns out to be a cardboard cutout.)

Henchman: Ha! Fooled you, old man!

Wu: I might be old, but you're the fool, trying to break in here! (He defeats one henchman easily.)

Wu: Fail.

Henchman: (Laughs.) Not too shabby for a couple of old people.

Wu: You made a grave mistake breaking in here. One you regret.

Henchman: Good thing Unagami told us to bring these! (He and the other henchmen put on masks, and he drops a smoke bomb that renders Wu unconscious.)

(At the Mechanic's headquarters, P.I.X.A.L., Tyke, Zane, and Milton Dyer stand before an arcade machine.)

Game Voice: Would you like to enter Prime Empire?

Milton: But this is impossible. We never completed these, the game was never finished!

P.I.X.A.L.: It was finished by Unagami, whoever that is.

Milton: That's.. that's not possible.

Zane: Why not?

Milton: Because Unagami's not a real person. Unagami was the game, "Unfinished Adventure Game I". It was the working title before we came up with Prime Empire, but the name stuck. It was just a harmless program.

P.I.X.A.L.: This "harmless" program wants revenge, and is taking it out on Ninjago City. It is employing the services of the Mechanic.

Zane: Who's kidnapped Aya?!

Milton: But that's impossible. Unagami isn't alive, it isn't real.

P.I.X.A.L.: It is no less real than I am.

Tyke: Yeah, and it's very angry.

Milton: But you two are robot. And Serpent. What you experience as emotion is merely a simulation of emotion. It's just code, ones and zeroes.

P.I.X.A.L.: As are yours! They are electrical impulses in your brain.

Tyke: Yeah! Electrical impulses!

Zane: I assure you, Unagami's emotions are just as real to him. And if we do not find a way to stop him, he will cause tremendous harm.

Milton: -I don't know how to stop it. (Silence.)

(In a warehouse, Aya is blindfolded and chained up in a chair.)

The Mechanic: Take that off. (Aya's blindfold is removed.) Ah, Aya. The Titanium Ninja herself.

Clara: And before you tell us that your "fake parents" and your snake buddy will come rescue you. You should know that Violet's jamming your internal GPS tracker.

The Mechanic: Ahh! (Turns to face Ciara.) W-Where did you come from?

Clara: Somewhere. (With Jack beside her.)