Tecna's and Timmy's Couple Weaknesses

Tecna's and Timmy's clashes come forward both in Season 1 and Season 2, their arguments are grounded, real and shown more than they're actually told to us. Tecna displays a incredible storytelling arc of a passive character having their misbelief they believed in at the end of Season 1 shattered in Season 2 episode 10 The Crypt of The Codex. This is a side of Tecna we've never seen before she doesn't like seeing not only herself but others around her fail at their tasks, Skylights and that's good storytelling it shatters her heavy optimism in half that episode giving her vulnerability and a ground character arc and because she experienced that she gradually grows to learn that even heros and heroines need their very own hero sometimes. (And for real true Christians Jesus is our one and only hero. At least that is how I see my relationship he's the hero to do the deeds I cannot stomach doing that nobody can stomach doing here in this timeline on Earth where many people are far too ruthless to care anymore, Skylights.)
Tecna's care though about who she thought Timmy was doesn't dissipate after their loss at Red Fountain it is still existent which tells us Tecna's at war with the thoughts of her mind and she working hard to tell her thoughts they're wrong and because she does this she is rewarded with seeing the real Timmy as she thought she was later on in the Wildlands episode until this the only people who know Timmy's really good at his job when his mind and heart are set on it in Season 1 are Bloom and Stella when he does help win the fight against the troll and secure it.

There isn't much of an issue with Timmy not being the perfect boyfriend. He's 99.8% there actually. One thing he needs to learn a girlfriend will find physical gifts for her technology boring and plain and unmeaningful overtime, it is way better to make your gifts even more personalized than that. Because then the person receiving them notices your loving thoughts really went into what you think and respect about them by the gift you sent that actually represents a part of them.

The flower bouquet in season 5 was an excellent comment to Tecna at the diner because it was Timmy was saying she was very pretty. It's alright to compliment someone on their looks but don't stay focused on it especially if they start to seem majorly self absorbed about their beauty. This never happens with Tecna and Timmy.

There is something incredible about Timmy though in Season 5 when most of his best friends give him bad advice about how to make the perfect date work out with Tecna except for Riven once he realizes how awkward it is he goes straight back to being himself and who he truly is and ignoring all the peer pressured thoughts hammered into his brain. And Hooray for you Timmy that makes you the best boyfriend Specialist of the bunch. And that is why Tecna really likes you because even she believes it is okay to show her truth self to him. This is the best romantic couple of all the Romantic Winx Club, it may not be perfect but it is the most realistic romance you can get in a cartoon computer animated world. Most people out the world say, "Oh that romance is too surreal to be believable and therefore impossible to find." Well that's also a myth there are plenty of romantic relationships out in the world that work just the way Tecna and Timmy's relationship actually does work in the Winx Club show.

Okay why did I not say Riven's advice to Timmy was totally bad advice? Because it wasn't bad advice.
When Riven mentions Girls don't like Bad jokes he's actually right when he speaks this because it is what Musa has taught him since Magical Adventure Riven tries to be as funny as Stella when they take off in the galleon and Musa immediately shuts him down even when it is not making fun of her. Riven teases Bloom and Sky with a joke towards them. "Can we please try not to turn this into a chick flick?"
Musa immediately shuts him down in a very condescending way that is also hypocritical of her. "Riven save the jokes for the comedians."
That was so very insulting to Riven how dare she tell him not to joke on the edge of danger when she never tells Stella to stop joking like the other girls except Tecna who says in Season 3 episode 25 Wizard's Anger RAI HQ. "Stella, will you stop joking around?"
After Stella says, "And to think that I was worried that I didn't bring my swimsuit."
Aisha immediately defends Stella's joking around to Tecna. "Don't you know her by now?"
"Yea," agreed Musa. "The closer we get to biting the dust the more jokes she makes."
Then Bloom adds. "Well, Stella, you better start coming up with some knee slappers because we're all going in there!"
Unlike Musa Tecna actually starts to learn the powerful impact of positive enlightenment a really good bad joke can have on a very nervous Timmy so much so that she starts trying to make bad jokes thing of her character within the spinoff show World of Winx is very continually Tecna accurate.
So in this way Season 5 Tecna returning in World of Winx with this thought out continuity detail makes Tecna's character arc in World of Winx very cannon accurate as both seasons of World of Winx pull pieces from Season 1, 2 and Season 5 as well.

The advice Riven gives is way more reasonable than the rest of the other guys' thoughts to Timmy. But Riven's idea that girls don't like bad jokes it is true in Musa's case. It is actually very debatable for many girls in real world. Some girls appreciate jokes and even good bad jokes more than others. (To see examples of Good jokes you may want to check out my Welcome to Horseland Books midsection chapters.)
While Stella likes to be the one joking she doesn't prevent her friends from adding to the joke, but in Season 1 Stella makes it quite clear in 4 kids version of the show that she doesn't like it when Brandon teases her friends at the end of the Battles for Magix realm. So that's Stella's rule she and her friends can tease each other, but her boyfriend cannot tease her friends. And that is actually quite reasonable one because it prevents irreversible competitive desires and has a level of respect Brandon had to honor for Stella to like him and love him. He is allowed to tease his own girlfriend which is her because never actually forbid it.

Tecna's and Timmy's relation never get enough credit for how realistic their romantic relationship is and is one of the most severely underrated well paired up characters ever written into a show, Skylights.
Tecna and Timmy have the best relationship of all the pairs paired up amongst the Winx Club relationship because when change gets thrown at them instead of fighting against it, they embrace the changes and let those changes make them grow up into more mature versions of themselves. And through those changes part of those changes are parts of their partner becoming part of their individual self. Timmy's love of joking runs off on Tecna later on and she doesn't dislike Stella's jokes as much later on past Season 5 because Timmy's taught her to appreciate them for what they are a genuine spice within her ordinary daily life.