Letting Characters Learn To Spell

Letting Characters Learn To Spell in Your stories below.

There is a type of writing that is rare in many fantasy books main characters and side characters teaching each other how to read and how to spell.
I only know of Two stories of books that do this that are not entirely kids books, "Holes" & Amber in The Mountains a Juvenille fantastic picture book. It was so gorgeously beautiful. In Holes one boy taught another how to read and write and in Amber in The Mountains it was a young middle school aged girl teaching a girl her age from the mountain to read and the mountain girl says later when she receives a friendly letter from her city girl best friend she says to herself, "If I can read her letters surely I can figure out how to write." what a strong message that book had for me. I was so impressed by the book that I sent it to my oldest brother and my best sister in-law ever for a reading material for their two daughters my totally sweet, adorably kind oldest nieces, Skylights.

And so now I'd like to share with you a story example of a character who makes herself learn to write and read and actually puts her spelling things out right into the text.
This story reaches out to the many African American people in my state here in North Carolina and beyond who still suffer from the Stupid grudge other U. S Citizens have for no reason and should have long died out by now. Grudges do nobody good; so just let them die already!

I'm sharing with you African American U. S Citizens a historical fiction story based off the inspiration of the author's actual great-great-great grandmother's life so this story that I am using and walking through as a writing example is based off of some really deep stuff. And here is your backstory about the author's motivation is an ode of her African American Heritage and history that should not be forgotten so that the circumstances like the ones that did occur in the past of the U. S. should cease occurring.

Award-winning author Patricia C. McKissack says, "I was inspired to write "A Picture of Freedom" by the story I grew up hearing about my great-great-great grandmother, Lizzie Passmore, who had been a slave in Barbour County, Alabama. Although it was against the law, she had somehow learned to read and write. After the Civil War ended, she started teaching children in her home near Clayton, Alabama. Unfortunately that is all I know about this remarkable woman, but it gave me the foundation upon which I built Clotee's story.'"

Although this is McKissack's first full-length work of historic fiction(yes I know the character is fictional but the events to be mentioned are historic and people need to stop ignoring the fact that there is such a genre as historical fiction books which are exactly what this is, Skylights. And since it is my favorite genre of books I am so tired of seeing them miscategorized as just pure fiction when they are not, friends. I've seen it happen to several books this is just one of them, but it very much irritates me so very deeply in the core of my heart.), she has written over sixty books for children, including Flossie and the Fox, Mirandy and Brother Wind, a Caldecott Honor Book, and The Dark-Thirty: Southern Tales of the Supernatural, a Newberry Honor Book. She has co-authored with her husband, Fredrick, numerous non fiction books, which include Coretta Scott King Award winners, Sojourner Truth: Ain't I a Woman? and Christmas in the Big House, Christmas in Quarters. She also co-authored with her son, Fredrick, Jr, Black Diamond: The Story of the Negro Baseball Leagues, which was a Coretta Scott King Honor Book.
While researching Christmas in the Big House, the McKissacks visited six plantations in the Tidewater area of Virginia. (Where the following story is purposefully set for Clotee's slave home). "It was natural for me to set the Clotee story there, because it was so fresh in my mind and we had tons of material that found a place in this book." (When you have a fresh writing idea or flash of inspiration write it down, anything helps the writing process even if its research or not or experiencing the historic essence of a very revered place any of those things can translate into your original stories.)
McKissack says her teaching experiences helped her understand how Clotee might have learned to read and write. "Finding Clotee's voice was the most difficult problem I had to overcome. Once I heard, in my head, how she would say things, then the story was easy to tell. She told it to me." This is not the first author that told me their story character's voice talk to them, and that's not real surprising. Often times once you get a story going if you leave enough flex the characters you write out will move the story forward more easily part of writing is engaging feeling out how your character acts, walks and talks so don't think you're absurd if you believe if your character's voice is in your head giving ideas. That's not a bad thing that's a good thing actually it doesn't mean you're insane it just means you have a more emotionally sensitive imagination within your brain that enables you to connect so deeply with your story characters, fellow authors. Character voice finding it and deciding whether or not it fits in the book and matches the theme of your story is the most difficult part in writing characters to me at least. And it is rather difficult to make sure they all sound very different from one another too, it uses a lot of brain power and general energy too. SilverOpaline7 

Relationships & Partners and Writing Skills Tips. (A Writing Advice Guide Bookजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें