Dialogue Lecture Lesson by Gabriel Arquilvech

Dialogue
(My comments are in () below)
From the day we are born, dialogue is a part of our lives. As infants, we can't respond to our parents with words, so we express our feelings with tears or laughter. This exchange is our first experience of dialogue, (it's also part of a showing part of the story as much as it is the telling part of the story.) a phenomenon that will continue throughout our lives. It makes sense, then, that dialogue is an essential element of a story. It brings the characters to life while adding believability to the story. Let's take a look some of the important functions of dialogue.

First of all dialogue gives voice to your characters. This voice reflects personality, motivation and upbringing. In short, dialogue helps describe a character. Compare the following examples:

"Alas," said Mrs. Daly, "the rarefied air has weakened my spirits. I must return to the lowlands."
"Dang," said Joey, "it ain't no good up here in this air. I gotta get home."

It's very clearly told and shown that Mrs. Daly and Joey have two different backgrounds. Mrs. Daly uses elevated language while Joey relies on his hometown dialect. Take a moment to think about your own speaking voice. What does it reflect about own background and personality?

Lumna10-my own personal speaking voice stems off from the fact I want to speak truth because I have been in rooms with older people church people and non church people who were incredibly dishonest. I don't speak the truth just because I think I'm right I speak it because it's from experience of witnessing terrible dishonest people in my childhood. So when you hear me talk about truth like the way I complain about James Haynes and his disorganised lectures I'm just be truthful with you. I don't want to be right I just want people to have the truth there it's up to them how they use it not me. His writing lectures were over complicated and I have seen many people who are fictional pull off what he's talking about in far simpler ways like Patricia C. Kissack those Dear America Books are nearly as thick as my Book of Common Prayer yet the writing is simple and impressively impactful whereas when I read American books I always felt like parts of them were rushed because they ended too soon because chapters were not clear enough or just too short in general.. Both books have simple writing styles but the amounts of impact are wildly different between the two series of falsely categorized juvenile fiction. Yes, I said that. It's a stupid miscategorization of both types of books. I don't even consider Guardians of Ga'Howle Kathryn Lasky entire owl fantasy adventure series as juvenile fiction either there's huge adult themes in the books that kick off the start of the series and the ones that end it.

I'm not trying to be be right, and I will not convince you I'm I'm just putting the truth out there and maybe over a period of time when it's a month or year later you'll finally understand my point of view.

My worst teacher was a high school teacher from my Civics and Economics class there was a day when I supposed to have the time to go to the library to take my class test within a quieter place than within the classroom. i can't concentrate on important tests when my classmates were being too noisy. But when I got to the library and looked through my bag I discovered she never gave me the test at all I went back and asked her where it was she lied to me saying I must have lost it. I don't lose things that are that important. That issue was never resolved despite the fact that my Mom arranged a meeting between that teacher and my guidance and the teacher kept denying it. And in our days before final exams, she said to bring in our notebooks so she could burn them when I told my parents back at home my Mom was disgusted and said, "This is illegal." Thankfully it was a weekend so my Dad scanned everything I had and now I have a binder full of stuff that none of the other students about a U.S. A subject hardly taught in schools anymore. And what's more on parent teacher day she never showed up to meet with her students but when to her son's school parent teacher meetings instead, Skylights. I never wished her son harm I feel really bad for him. I never met him, but I do pity him because he was reared by an awful woman for a Mom even my Guidance counsellor didn't like and I never had a guidance counsellor of mine say anything like that about any of my previous regardless of whether it was in middle school or my two separate high-schools. You know a teacher's bad if a guidance counsellor doesn't like her at all. I never thought about getting back at her. My oldest sister did that to me and her other younger siblings by teasing us in the most creepiest of ways by using villain lines from fictional stories. I hated that made my skin crawl more than it should have. My oldest sister is meaner than I am and she can be excruciatingly judgmental and standoffish. I can forgive her for that standoffish behavior she has indeed traveled to London, England multiple times and so some of that comes from their influence as Gabriel mentions up above. Regardless, my Civics & Economics teacher's house years after I graduated from the largest high school here in North Carolina I heard her house suffered a fire. I wasn't mad or happy that it happened but felt like God gave me closure with the sudden house fire happening. I did pray for their safety for the sake of the woman's son she was raising. They were not killed so I do see the fire coming on her house as poetic justice for all the knowledge that she stripped from the students by burning their notebooks. All the students in those classes were people who had less than average high school learning skills and she damaged them and their lives more than she could damage me. I do books like this so that the less than average students and teachers and writers can get more validation than they are ever given credit for in their actual real life. So this is for you my unsung readers whoever you might be wherever you might be living. Know I do care. I want you to be as validated by me as my parents validated me alongside my guidance counsellor.