Continuation of What It Means To Annotate: Examples Below P14

Please do not copy the diary entries. They belong to the author, I would not be sharing any of them if I did not purposefully comment and respond to almost every other sentence. And FYI STARTING AT chapter 17 of my annotation of this book is where it is not again for the age group below high-schoolers as there are really dark stuff coming up. Unless you use it as a model to write your own example of annotation or a challenging writing prompt to follow NEVER COPY IT EVER. I will never put this book in stores or on another website either. This is a solo Wattpad story only and only exists for the convenience of those who wish to catch onto several writing skills and practiced them, Skylights, when they have no resources to use and accessibly provide themselves off line. I don't want any money for it and I don't want popularity for it. It is just a simple gift to less fortunate than me and to me them being able to read this is satisfying enough. It is enough for me that readers will want to read it.

You, however,  may quote whatever annotations I have stated that you find make a very good lesson and point I will allow that. I quote people all the time. And I will be listing several quotes from the story in these chapters to come up later because they are really good to quote, my friends.

77: 99th diary entry annotated.
First day of September
There was a big race up in Winchester last week, and Hince won. (13 words, awesome!)
Soon as he got back, he came to the kitchen to see me and to tell me all 'bout his win. (21 words)
First thing, Missy come sidin' up to him — like he came there to see her. (15 words, ghe's barely in the same room with you at any time why would he ever ask for you? You're a complete stranger to him, honestly.)
He asked where Spicy was, right in front of her. (10 words)
I gladly told him. (4 words)

78: 100th diary entry annotated. (We're halfway through the Dear America Book if you count by Diary Entries not pages.)
Monday
Mr. Harms starts each day by sayin' the day, month, and year. (12 words) Today is Monday, September 5, 1859. (6 words)
So now I can keep better track of time. (9 words, that is quite truthfully helpful.)

79: 101st diary entry annotated.
Tuesday, September 6, 1859
William has taken to Mr. Harms like a bird to berries. (11 words, simile is excellent here, well done, Clotee.)
I declare, the boy is reading now and liking it. (10 words, learning can always be fun but it depends on how fun your teacher wants to be. Most college professors have no idea how to teach this way and that is why they're so boring during class time. It is the very last yet most reason why students hate school in general.)
I'm learning a lot, too. (5 words)
I'm adding "ing" to my words now, 'cause Mr. Harms made William stop saying, "talkin'," and "walkin'," and "singin'." (19 words, people out west will still leave the g off those words. They never pronounce it.)
It is talking, walking, and singing. (6 words)
I remember to write my ings, but I still forget to say my ings. (14 words, that is hard to remember to say when you're not use to saying them period.)

80: 102nd diary entry annotated.
Wednesday, September 7, 1859
Mr. Harms has taken charge of William's days. (8 words)
Two men from down in the Quarters comes up every morning and helps William get bathed and dressed. (18 words)
One brings William down for breakfast in his rolling chair. (10 words, rolling chair is probably the old term for wheel chairs and in that case wheelchairs must have been around longer than we ever thought.)
Afterwards, we have our study time — in the cool of the morning — just hot enough to need a fanner, which is still me. (23 words, God gave you such a real gift of a blessing, dear.)
Then it's time for lunch. (5 words)
William eats with Mr. Harms most of the time. (9 words, not surprised the boy would rather be with his tutor his parents are quite boring every day.)
The rest of the day William listens to Mr. Harms read to him, or they play card games, or a game called chess. (23 words, yes Chess also existed way back then too.)
William spends the evenin' with his mother and father — but most time they spat 'bout one thing or another, so he goes off to bed. (25 words, his parents are quite boring to him and so he avoids them and their short tempers too also.)