Continuation of What It Means To Annotate: Examples Below P19

Please do not copy the diary entries. They belong to the author, I would not be sharing any of them if I did not purposefully comment and respond to almost every other sentence. And FYI STARTING AT this chapter of my  annotation of  this book is where it is not for the age group below high-schoolers as there are really dark stuff coming up. Unless you use it as a model to write your own example of annotation or a challenging writing prompt to follow NEVER COPY IT EVER. I will never put this book in stores or on another website either. This is a solo Wattpad story only and only exists for the convenience of those who wish to catch onto several writing skills and practiced them, Skylights, when they have no resources to use and accessibly provide themselves off line. I don't want any money for it and I don't want popularity for it. It is just a simple gift to less fortunate than me and to me them being able to read this is satisfying enough. It is enough for me that readers will want to read it.

You, however,  may quote whatever annotations I have stated that you find make a very good lesson and point I will allow that. I quote people all the time. And I will be listing several quotes from the story in these chapters to come up later because they are really good to quote, my friends.

133: 152nd diary entry annotated.
Tuesday, December 6, 1859
Samella, a barn cat, had a litter of three kittens under the kitchen porch. (14 words, aww, better that was exciting enough to cheer you up, Clotee.) Two died. (The poor things.) I captured the last one, a jet black one, and took it to William. (14 words, fun teachers, dedicated kindly healing woman and last but not least of an animal companion to help move him through the healing process. Clotee gave him quite the gift today; the only meaningful living physical gift William has ever received.)
I'd never heard William say thank you for anything in his life, but he thanked me for the kitten. (19 words, you're probably like, did I actually read this right? He really thanked her for the kitty?! Yes he did say thank you to her. The first real nice recognition from a white person was from her Master's own son after she passed him a living gift to care for.) He named it Shadow. (4 words, it is a common name for dogs and cats still today. But I think Shadow in this cast doesn't mean darkness. This cat hung around William as if it were a second shadow of his, Skylights.)

Later
"That was a kind thing you did for William," said Mr. Harms. (12 words, Harms just complimented her for bringing William that barn cat.) He was standing in the doorway to the study. "Keep dusting." (11 words) At last, we were having that talk. (7 words, patience always pays off, God set you up in the right place at the right time.)
My head was spinning with thoughts. (6 words, not surprised.) What to ask? What to say? (6 words, it is easy to think about speaking to the persons you dream of meeting but it is much harder to say the real things.) "I've been waiting and waiting for this time." (8 words, good starting statement, best not to really over bombard him with questions.)
Our talk went like this:
"I had to make sure you could be trusted — and that you could trust me." (15 words, valid points of reasoning.) "Are you a abolitionist?" I wanted to know that in the worst way. (13 words, she wanted to know to an extreme degree is what to know that in the worst way translates to, Skylights.)
He smiled, but his eyes were serious. (7 words, yep your face can convey two different tones and expressions gleefulness in your physical smile and stern serious concern with your eyes of your face, but they can also do it vice versa too.) "Yes, I am. Who else knows about me?" (8 words) "Aunt Tee, Spicy, and me. (4 words, Immediately Clotee truthfully responded.)
But Miz Lilly's looking at you real careful-like." (8 words) "Thanks for the warning. She could be a problem." (9 words, yet another thank you, another recognition from a white man. Yep, Mr. Harms knew Miz Lilly was always going to be a problem when he got into this.)
"Are you and the one-eyed man the Underground Railroad?" (9 words)
"No. Not by ourselves," he whispered. "We are conductors." (9 words, the riskiest job in the organization is to be a conductor especially when you risk being found out.) He told me it was neither underground nor a railroad. (10 words, I can only imagine how bored conductors must have been explaining that misleading name even when they recall stories in history classes today.) It's a group of people who work together to help slaves get to freedom. (14 words, it is gonna take a while for Clotee's brain to reset the right kind of picture back in.)
"You can read and write. I figured you learned by listening during lessons. Remarkable." (14 words, listening during lessons means you learn by sounding out all the letters you hear. Doesn't matter if it is British English or U. S English both are English and English is as phonetic as the French and Spanish languages too. There is no way to learn these words without hearing their letters' sounds before hand. Anyone who says something different about that rule of the language is lying straight to your face.) "I done learned a lot from you." (7 words, she totally has.) Then I say, "You a southerner. Why you want to end slavery?" (12 words, that's gonna have to wait a while longer.)  He wasn't able to answer, because somebody was coming. (9 words, you both need to go about your ordinary business.)
I had more questions to ask. Later. (7 words, yep wait again to talk. Patience pays off.)
Now it's time to take Miz Lilly her warm milk before bedtime. (12 words, be ready to prepare a very blank face.)
I got to be sure that I don't give away nothing in my face. (14 cover up all your glee for now.)