Continuation of What It Means To Annotate: Examples Below P20

Please do not copy the diary entries. They belong to the author, I would not be sharing any of them if I did not purposefully comment and respond to almost every other sentence. And FYI STARTING AT this chapter of my  annotation of  this book is where it is not for the age group below high-schoolers as there are really dark stuff coming up. Unless you use it as a model to write your own example of annotation or a challenging writing prompt to follow NEVER COPY IT EVER. I will never put this book in stores or on another website either. This is a solo Wattpad story only and only exists for the convenience of those who wish to catch onto several writing skills and practiced them, Skylights, when they have no resources to use and accessibly provide themselves off line. I don't want any money for it and I don't want popularity for it. It is just a simple gift to less fortunate than me and to me them being able to read this is satisfying enough. It is enough for me that readers will want to read it.

You, however,  may quote whatever annotations I have stated that you find make a very good lesson and point I will allow that. I quote people all the time. And I will be listing several quotes from the story in these chapters to come up later because they are really good to quote, my friends.
144: 163rd diary entry annotated.
Saturday, December 17, 1859.
Mr. Harms still treats me like I'm not there when others be around us. (14 words)
He left me a copy of The Liberator, put out by a abolitionist named William Lloyd Garrison from the Boston. (20 words, never heard about that newspaper nor this abolitionist either.) I read the pages to Aunt Tee and Spicy. (9 words, can no longer considered stealing because it was willing given to her to use and read.)
They listened to every word — stories about black abolitionists. (9 words, of course they'd be hooked on that stuff.) I read about a woman named Sojourner Truth, who speaks out against slavery everywhere she goes. (16 words, this woman is a Believer of God and the mention of God was all through her impressive abolitionist speeches, Skylights.) Even when the mas'ers say they gon' stone her to death, she keeps a-talking. (14 words, that's being a hero to keep standing strong in your moral beliefs and value even when threats are thrown at you endlessly.) Aine scared of nothing, because she's telling the truth. (9 words, when you tell the truth for a really good cause it bolsters up your own courage.) "Slavery must be destroyed — root and branch!" (8 words, yes indeed!)

I am so glad to know about Miz Sojourner. (9 words) I mean to be like her one day. (8 words, like her by fighting for the same cause not physically become her.) Maybe even meet her when I get to freedom. (9 words, unfortunately she is so much older than you I don't see that dream coming true, Clotee.) Maybe we could be abolitionists together. (6 words) Demagine that. (2 words) But will I be brave like the shepherd boy, David? (10 words, girl you've already become brave and you don't even realize it, child.) If I was with Miz Sojourner, she'd help me be strong — and we can end slavery, too. (17 words, girl you're mentally wise more now than when we were first meeting in this book when I started this annotation project. And being mentally wiser than you were before makes you mentally strong as well, you conquered your bias, your misbeliefs in other white men's judgement and overcame your hubris as well. That's been mentally wise and strong.)

145: 164th diary entry annotated.
Sunday, December 18, 1859
Waith works the people in the Quarters like dogs, won't let up on them a minute — push, work, driving night and day — painting, chopping winter wood, feeding the livestock, on and on. (32 words reminds me of Buster from Lady and The Tramp II and how he bosses the junkyard dogs around so hard, Skylights, Tramp's clear cut rival of a street dog.) He's constantly yelling and screaming, and lashing that whip. (9 words, endless noisiness!) I'd like to wrap it around his neck and give it a good yank! (14 words, that's a bit much for even you, Clotee.) The more he yells the more Mas' Henley and the Missus feel they're getting their money's worth. (17 words, not sure that's exactly true at all, child.)