Continuation of What It Means To Annotate: Examples Below P17

Please do not copy the diary entries. They belong to the author, I would not be sharing any of them if I did not purposefully comment and respond to almost every other sentence. And FYI STARTING AT this chapter of my  annotation of  this book is where it is not for the age group below high-schoolers as there are really dark stuff coming up. Unless you use it as a model to write your own example of annotation or a challenging writing prompt to follow NEVER COPY IT EVER. I will never put this book in stores or on another website either. This is a solo Wattpad story only and only exists for the convenience of those who wish to catch onto several writing skills and practiced them, Skylights, when they have no resources to use and accessibly provide themselves off line. I don't want any money for it and I don't want popularity for it. It is just a simple gift to less fortunate than me and to me them being able to read this is satisfying enough. It is enough for me that readers will want to read it.

This will not be an easy chapter for non Senior high school kids to get through, because the bottom two entries are extremely graphic and definitely not for the faint of heart. I would not warn children unless I cared about children and their sanity for dignity's sake. So please walk through this chapter with your child, if you do have any, sweet readers.

You, however,  may quote whatever annotations I have stated that you find make a very good lesson and point I will allow that. I quote people all the time. And I will be listing several quotes from the story in these chapters to come up later because they are really good to quote, my friends.

111: 132nd diary entry annotated.
Sunday, November 6, 1859.
Hince bought Spicy a measure of cloth and Aunt Tee a comb for her hair. (15 words)
All three of us wore our gifts to meeting. (9 words)
All the women in the Quarters was jealous (8 words jealous should really be the word envious here because the statement defines envious more than jealous, see my first 10 character flaws of a 100 for the obvious reasons why.) — but Missy was so mad, she didn't stay through the whole service.  (12 words)
Rufus talked on love. (4 words.)
"Love is not jealous," he said, winking at the three of us.  (12 words, awkward, he is delicately calling you out, Clotee, the actual word in the bible verse is not jealous but Love does not envy even the people of really old days knew there was a distinct difference between definitions of jealousy and envy.)
I should have been ashamed of being so proud of my red ribbon, but I wasn't. (16 words, this is the first steps to being a total showoff, and showoffs do hurt other people's feelings quickly because they do not know how to contain their envious passion to prove to any one and every one that they can be better than the rest and they hate it when they get showed up and it makes them more envious of that skill the other person has and they wished they were born with it instead.)
I just held my head higher. (6 words)

112: 133rd diary entry annotated.
Monday, November 7, 1859
Missy come into the kitchen waving a white handkerchief with purple and yellow pansies on each corner. (17 words, not surprise Wook warned you you were going to see Missy's really ugly envious side come out, but your ears were still deaf at the time when she told you, because you clearly didn't see this coming. I would have told Hince to wait to give the gifts during Christmas like he had meant to before and honestly someone should have told him about Missy's straight up selfish side, honestly.)
Lord, who has that girl gone and told on. (9 words)

113: 134th diary entry annotated.
Tuesday, November 8, 1859
Missy told Miz Lilly all about the gifts Hince had bought us — mad because he didn't bring her nothing back. (20 words, again not surprised.)
Miz Lilly took it straight to Mas' Henley. (8 words, not surprised.) Mas' Henley rang the plantation bell. (6 words) All of us come running to the front of the house. (11 words, over favoring someone when not acknowledging others will always bite you in the back, Skylights, both for Hince & Clotee be mindful of what actions and presents to others might make other unacknowledged people feel unimportant. God does not choose favorites neither should we; this doesn't mean we have to like everybody we meet but we should be able to understand their sensitive feelings.)
Mas' Henley lead us to the stables. (7 words)
Oh, no. (2 words) Somebody was getting ready to get a beating. (8 words)
When Mas' grabbed Hince, my breath cut short. (8 words, Hince if you hadn't second guessed yourself you wouldn't be about to go through this at all.) "How'd you get money to buy gifts?" he asked Hince. (10 words)
"I used the eating money you gives me to bet on myself to win — and I winned," he say, not feeling like he'd done no wrong. (26 words, you didn't really do anything wrong at the time after the race.) Mas' Henley reached and got a buggy whip. (8 words) "Where'd you get the idea that you could slip behind my back and place bets?" (15 words, sneaking around to do it isn't right though.) He told Hince to lean over and hold on to the wagon wheel. (13 words, at least he gave him bracing slave masters of the Deep South let you fall to the ground if the lashing is hard enough.)
Hince couldn't b'lieve he was getting a whupping. (8 words, your favoritism sent you this what goes around comes around in two ways to both people being targeted, equal justice, Skylights.) Neither could I. (3 words)
"But Mas', I didn't slip. I placed the bet, free and open." (12 words) Mas' Henley beat Hince. (4 words) Gave him ten hard licks while we all was made to watch. (12 words, this was meant to be uncomfortable in Clotee's case being too proud of something compared to what God wants us to try to act like and Clotee doesn't and so she does sin in the beginning entry of this chapter, what's even worse she doesn't even apologize to God to ask him to forgive her for her hideous thought. Apologies and asking for forgiveness is very very pleasing to God and all you have to do is ask and he will forgive you. It really is that simple.)
I closed my eyes and balled my hands in a fist so tight my fingernails dug in the heel of my hand. (22 words, people clench their fists sometimes to control and swallow their anger but it doesn't work for everyone period.)
I wanted to holler out when I heard the swish of the whip hitting my brother-friend's back. (17 words, I'm not sure I would have the energy for a holler at this visualize.)
Everybody knew Hince was Mas' Henley's bread and butter — filled his pockets. (12 words, true he would watch how many times he hit him in his life because he doesn't want to injure his jockey too hard ever.) If Hince got a beating, then what would ol' Mas' do if we got caught doing anything — anything. (18 words, the one person on the Virginia plantation that was his wive's slave was his jockey and he was reluctant to beat him up just as much he refused to give Aunt Tee a beating who was the only slave he really owned on his own, Skylights.) It didn't have to be wrong — just something he didn't like. (11 words)
Mas' Henley promised never to Hince any eating money when they was out on a trip. (16 words) Say he could starve to death. (6 words, that one is a sin on the Master's part it is a Master's duty to respect their property and that means taking care of their well-being.)