Continuation of What It Means To Annotate: Examples Below P4

Please do not copy the diary entries. They belong to the author, I would not be sharing any of them if I did not purposefully comment and respond to almost every other sentence. And FYI STARTING AT P9 of the annotation the book is not for the age group below high-school as there are really dark stuff coming up. Unless you use it as a model to write your own example of annotation or a challenging writing prompt to follow NEVER COPY IT EVER. I will never put this book in stores or on another website either. This is a solo Wattpad story only and only exists for the convenience of those who wish to catch onto several writing skills and practiced them, Skylights, when they have no resources to use and accessibly provide themselves off line. I don't want any money for it and I don't want popularity for it. It is just a simple gift to less fortunate than me and to me them being able to read this is satisfying enough. It is enough for me that readers will want to read it.

You, however,  may quote whatever annotations I have stated that you find make a very good lesson and point I will allow that. I quote people all the time. And I will be listing several quotes from the story in these chapters to come up later because they are really good to quote, my friends.

5th diary entry Annotated

Next day
I just wrote T-R-E-E. (4 words within sentence) I see my tree — the live oak behind the kitchen where I come to write whenever I can slip away. (19 words in this former sentence. Oak trees also resemble strong endurance. It is why they are called sturdy so often, Skylights and it is a dwarf's favored tree too as well.) I put a "s" on tree and the word is trees.(11 words in the preceding sentence)
The picture in my head turns to the apple orchards. In spring, the apple trees are filled with bright, white blossoms. (11 words within the former sentence, white blossoms on the apple trees are really underestimated flower both in scent and their beauty.)
I close my eyes and see the same trees in the green of summer, and full of good-tastin' apples in the fall. (22 words with last sentence. Hyphenated words count as one word usually the only time they don't is when spelling a word that is long enough to run off the mar-gin there is your example for that, precious Skylights. Apples get way too bad of reputation in movie media. So it is nice to look back on old stories and have fictional characters praise the healthy fruit. I don't buy all that stupid doctor crap where they say too much fruit is bad for you. The French don't either and all their food in their country comes out of local produce which is better than a lot of whst stores and cultures do.) I love playin' with words — puttin' letters in and takin' letters out and lettin' the pictures change. (17 words within the former sentence, you ever tried word games where you challenge yourself to make other words from the letters of other words, Skylights?)

6th diary entry
Monday
I know it's Monday, 'cause Miz Lilly comes to the kitchen every Monday mornin' to pass out the flour, sugar and meal. (23 words within sentence, She means corn meal. People never referred to their actual meals as a meal but rather by supper or dinner. The words "Lunch" and "Breakfast" were hardly mentioned in history very much certainly not in the U. S. )

It's so hard keepin' secrets from the people I live with. (11 words within sentence)
Sometimes when I'm helpin' Aunt Tee in the kitchen, I want to tell her 'bout my learnin' so bad. (19 words within last sentence, Skylights.)
But I cain't, even though she's bout the closest thing to a mama I got since my own mama died five years ago. (23 words within the sentence, so we learn here our fictional main character Clotee no longer has her Mother in her life, Skylights.) I don't think she'd do a thing to hurt me, but she been real close with Mas' Henley all his life. (21 words within previous sentence) Been his cook — since before he got married to Miz Lilly. (11 words within sentence. So that tells us something we didn't know about Henley before. He's a younger man than what you might have thought a little bit before, precious dear Skylights.) Cain't take the chance. (4 words within an earlier sentence)