Continuation of What It Means To Annotate: Examples Below P18

Please do not copy the diary entries. They belong to the author, I would not be sharing any of them if I did not purposefully comment and respond to almost every other sentence. And FYI STARTING AT this chapter of my  annotation of  this book is where it is not for the age group below high-schoolers as there are really dark stuff coming up. Unless you use it as a model to write your own example of annotation or a challenging writing prompt to follow NEVER COPY IT EVER. I will never put this book in stores or on another website either. This is a solo Wattpad story only and only exists for the convenience of those who wish to catch onto several writing skills and practiced them, Skylights, when they have no resources to use and accessibly provide themselves off line. I don't want any money for it and I don't want popularity for it. It is just a simple gift to less fortunate than me and to me them being able to read this is satisfying enough. It is enough for me that readers will want to read it.

You, however,  may quote whatever annotations I have stated that you find make a very good lesson and point I will allow that. I quote people all the time. And I will be listing several quotes from the story in these chapters to come up later because they are really good to quote, my friends.

122: 142nd diary entry annotated.
Wednesday, November 23, 1859
We woke this morning and the world looked like it's done been covered in a thin white veil. (18 words)
The first hard frost. (4 words)
Slaughtering time. (2 words, you know that means Clotee's stomach is churning because she is naturally queasy.)

123: 143rd diary entry annotated.
Saturday, November 13, 1859
The men slaughtered hogs for days. (6 words)
The smell of fresh animal blood turns my stomeck, so I stayed clear of the slaughtering yard and stayed close to the kitchen where pots and pans clanked and banged. (30 words, how could we forget you were queasy, Clotee? You've kept reminding us every once in a while and now and then.) The noise helped drown out the sound of dying. (9 words, I believe it truly does.)
As I write, the smokehouse is filled to overflowing with hams and sausage, bacon and ribs — all slow-curing in smoke from smouldering wood chips. (24 words)

Later
Aunt Tee say just when you think you know the devil, he changes his face. (15 words, oh my goodness this line is so so true and a saying worth quoting!) Now I know what she means. (6 words)  I've always thought Mas' Henley was the worse man in the world. (12 words, there is always going to be someone worse you have a chance to meet.) But then come Briley Waith. (5 words, brittle destroyer who likes to make sure people work and work till their back breaks and he doesn't care if they get injured in the process, Skylights.)
Rufus was always in charge of slaughtering, but Mas' Henley hired Briley Waith to take charge this year. (18 words) He's common as dirt, tall and lean with sun-red skin. (10 words, he is the meanest white man you ever seen announced in this book and he isn't just a dirty haughty soul to the slaves but he purposefully hurts the feelings of other innocent white men by deliberately destroying their property, that's coming up there is a little nod into this from ancient china the time of the Burned Books is referenced and mirrored in this book too, Skylights.) Keeps a tangle of white hair hid under a beat-up hat. (11 words, never combs his hair and probably smells of sweat too.)
The cat-o'-nine that hangs to Mr. Waith's side tells me he's a man who keeps it close, because he plans to use it. (23 words, at least Master Henley doesn't have his whip on him at all times, Briley Waith truly takes pleasure in other people's pains.) Watching Waith makes me feel sick in my heart. (9 words, I believe you he's worst than the grim reaper of DC stories. But on par with Zoom.) There is something 'bout him that frightens me way down deep inside. (12 words, not surprised he is very creepy from your description.)
We made soap today under his watchful eyes. (8 words) He sees everything. To me he's dangerment — like a snake, sly. (11 words, he's definitely not a wolf in sheep's clothing he's pretty much a fiend in the disguise of human flesh that's how I see him as s careless walking corpse that continues to rot everything around it. This guy is ferociously rotten to the core, he has no moral code or compass and above all he has no honor nor respect for a lot of people, Skylights. The word gross immediately comes to mind here.)