Character Flaws 66- 76 out of 100 Character Flaws

The 11 Character Flaws discussed within this chapter below they are.

#66. Over-Sensitivity
#67. Fear of Commitment
#68. Guilt
#69. Contrarianism.
#70. Anxiety
#71. Restlessness
#72. Gloominess
#73. Overcriticalness
#74. Patronization
#75. Procrastination
#76. Defeatism

Important Notice: Again these flaws can overlap with their predecessor flaws mentioned in the chapters of the same series names.

1. 66. Over-Sensitivity
Over-Sensitivity is the excessive sensitivity to criticism, opposition, or other external influence.
Why this is interesting: Over-sensitivity can create relatable characters, drive internal conflict, and shape relationships or plot development.
Example: Arturo Bandini in "Ask the Dust" by John Fante. Bandini's sensitivity, especially in the face of criticism about his work and his insecurities around love and identity in Los Angeles, play a pivotal role in the novel.
Key questions: Why is she over-sensitive? How does it affect her choices and relationships? How does her over-sensitivity drive the story?

2. 67. Fear of Commitment
Fear of Commitment is the fear or apprehension regarding dedication or obligation, especially in relationships.
Why this is interesting: Fear of commitment can explore modern relationship dynamics, create emotional conflicts, or be a hurdle for character growth.
Example: Scarlett O'Hara in "Gone with the Wind" by Margaret Mitchell.
Her fear of commitment affects her relationships and is central to her character's journey.
Key questions: Why is she afraid of commitment? How does it manifest? What are the consequences of her fear of commitment?

3. 68. Guilt
Guilt is a feeling of responsibility or remorse for some offense, crime, or wrong whether real or imagined.
Why this is interesting: Guilt can drive characters to make amends or take certain actions, creating depth and complexity in both plot and character development.
Example: Locke Lamora in the "Gentleman Bastard Sequence" by Scott Lynch. Locke's sense of guilt over the wrongs he has committed and the friends he has lost drives many of his decisions throughout the series, leading to unexpected twists and deepening his character.
Key questions: What specific actions or events trigger his guilt? How does this guilt influence his behaviour and choices? How does it shape his relationships with others? What are the positive and negative outcomes of his guilt-driven actions?