I will Get Back To Gabriel Lectures But TheseDontsWithRomanceBuilding

1. First thing a relationship that clearly should never happen is keeping your lovers apart and never giving them a room for a moment to bond while being alone together. This annoys me the most about most High Muscial tv movies especially the Disney Channel movies. If your characters in love never spend more than a day alone together how can you be really sure they ever did have chemistry?
That's the problem with Musa & Riven in Season 1 & 2 of Winx Club out of both those seasons only one moment occurs when the both of them are in Alfea's courtyard alone in Season 2 while Bloom, Aisha and Stella, Sky and Brandon and Timmy busy else where.

In the Power Charmix episode they have a spat in earshot of both teammate groups and while it may seem personal to both of them and us on the surface it can't be as personal as we would like it to be because the other characters are there in the scene too. And Brandon and Helia need to stop playing matchmaker. Brandon does that "saved by the sidekick" worst romantic tip trope Brandon McNulty brought up. Helia repeats the terrible trope within Season 4.
2. They fall in love too quickly, Stella's relationship felt like this was the trope they were following but the distrust makes it believable after Brandon becomes honestly clear he is not a Prince and apologizes for lying not to mention saving her and teammates live when they were in a tough spot on the planet of Domino within the kingdom of Sparks with all those icy crab creatures. Brandon more than earned his right to Stella's hero and boyfriend by the end of Season 1. I just brought it up because I don't know how many of you may have noticed the too flash of lightning romance moving along, Skylights.
3. Romantic Partners shouldn't tease each other about other potential partners.
4. They never touch hands, kiss cheeks, or peck lips, or even hug. All of these are okay to use. A romantic partner can even remove a wisp of hair hiding his or her lover's handsome kind face. All of these gestures are appropriate. High-fiving and side bumping are other ways of also providing unique unexpected touch possibles. Not having romantic potential partners being able to touch each other is a largely unrealistic rule. It's impossible to avoid it in real life and therefore is a realistic part that must be shown or told in your fiction and fantasy.
5. They get sick of each other after a time. This is a strong problem and flaw with Musa she makes us feel like she's sick of Riven and it hurts the romantic storyline in Season 4 between the two of them and it means Riven is actually playing the victim here.
6. Don't pair characters who don't challenge each other to grow up and change and work on their flaws. Musa never works on her flaws. Yet Riven tries over and over again to get her to see them 2-5 from the Charmix Power episode Riven is trying to assure Musa that can be more grown up and the only thing he gets back in return is sarcastic backhand compliments when he says pretty decent stuff to her face that do need to happen deep within her character.

Bloom challenged Sky to step beyond several of his comfort zones in Season 1 breaking into Cloudtower and also helping her find a book, bring her back to the outskirts of the forest that lead to Alfea and leaving her to calm down after the Trix tricked her with the Legendary Lost book. Not everyone is strong enough to know when their potential partner needs space to themselves to breathe and pull themselves together, Sky actually does because he never had many opportunities in his childhood to be given breathing time and space alone. And the fact he didn't tell her friends means he really does respect Bloom's strong need for privacy at sometimes. He also honestly tries to get her to open her eyes to her blindspot in Season 2 when he mentions quite zealously how "too friendly" fake Avalon was being with her at her school. He frequently checks up on her by phone-call when they can't find a moment alone. The other boys aren't on the phone a lot except maybe Timmy with Tecna. There have been several scenes where Bloom and Sky share several long moments alone and each of them help each other work on their flaws.
Sky reminds Bloom that even as Dark Bloom she is still worthy to him even if she has been failure the past year. He knew what it felt like to be a failure in Season 2 whatever he did to prove to his Father King of Eraklyon would never be good enough and that is the exact thing that happened to Bloom when she met Erendor for the first time and it is exactly what happened when she became Dark Bloom/Flare. Ever since then Bloom had been more aware of her fear of failure. Her fear of failure drove the nightmares of losing all her friends to encroaching evil to fruition. The Trix made her lose her confidence in Season 1 and with it came the cost of no longer trusting herself. These fears continue throughout Season 2 and Season 3 from Bloom and into Secrets of The Lost Kingdom Winx Club's first movie. The first chance in Season 1 that Bloom really gets to see a super kind Sky is when they go into the woods with Lady Sky's dog and Sky starts playing fetch with her and Bloom joins in by throwing the stick too when the dog brings it back. That is engaging in physical active bonding. It proves they like similar and difficult things. And this is their first intimate moment between each other before Bloom finds out she's adopted and the atmosphere is unusually peaceful, but gives us hint that Bloom always feels safe and comfortable around Sky. Because of moments like this moment where they barely talk but just meet each other's eyes for an extended period of time they have a deeper realer more fulfilling chemistry compared to the other couples of Winx Club, Aisha's relationship to Nabu comes second to theirs as it makes sure not to follow the donts of romance listed in this chapter.
And Timmy & Tecna are in 3rd place with this tied with Aisha and Nabu because Aisha & Nabu have had 3 to 4 moments alone together in the entire show. Tecna and Timmy have 3 and Bloom & Sky's moments alone together counting the playing fetch with the dog, the talk at the cafe in Magix city after Bloom tells him she's an orphan and that her parents from Earth weren't her birthparents. Then venturing to Cloudtower together, having that walk in the Dark woods just before the Season 1 finale episode after the Spider biker 5000 is forced to crash, first bike rider to Eraklyon realm in Battle For Eraklyon they're uninterrupted it counts, in the first movie during the graduation of the Sky comes in to cheer her up and comfort and it's not until afterward does he find out Hagen is the one who upset her and shook up her faith yet again, Sky comes right in with building her up like she built his confidence and trust back up after Amaryll in Black Mud Swamp made fun of Sky's Specialist team failed mission another time they have alone. The Evening talk when Bloom is her ballgown and they are walking side by side when Sky can't believe she is distrusting and second guessing herself just because of someone's verbal word that probably may not be true he purposefully snaps her out of it by scaring her by calling her "'Help a sad little witch has taken control of the girl I love!" returns her to her fiery confident self. A boyfriend who can purposefully pull your mind with a distraction from negative thoughts is an incredible boyfriend, their moment alone entering the omega Dimension, that first horseback riding date at the beginning of Magical Adventure, the season 5 walk alongside Lake Roccaluce's bank together and the bike rider to Lake Roccaluce Gorge several episodes later. That makes Bloom's and Sky's moments alone in the entire show before 7 even aired a total of 13 moments. And Italian the number 13 actually is associated with good luck and good fortune in contrast to the American rules of the number.

7. They have romantic interests with other characters is a big no.

The only time you can get away with the Don'ts For Romance is if you purposefully want to friendzone a character.

The Don'ts For Romance Tips, Skylights.