Writing Villian Arcs

Do the villains of your story need Character arcs? Should they have one? And what are the variations of those arcs? What do they look like?

It definitely helps if your Villains do have their own Character Arcs.

This comes from the man up and above says this, "'I think when you're writing villains and you're writing any major characters in your story , your characters you have to remember character arcs make the characters more interesting and villains I know often times we think of them as something different from the other characters like they're pushed off to the side and that they are so different from your protagonists/heroes and your supporting cast. But villains are characters and because they're characters they have access to all the different character arcs now.
Usually with characters you have the comedic arc where you have a flaw and then you overcome the flaw by the end of the story as we discussed last time that is our positive change arc or you have the tragic arc where you have a character arc where you have a character with a flaw and your character succumb to that flaw at the end of the story.
Now when it comes to your villains specifically in usual literature and movies have two common arcs.

The Cross The Line Arc

This is a part of the tragic arc where you have a character that might have been really flawed and committed some major crimes and their flaw only keeps climbing up and up they keep leaning into their flaws and using theme

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

This is a part of the tragic arc where you have a character that might have been really flawed and committed some major crimes and their flaw only keeps climbing up and up they keep leaning into their flaws and using theme. They are given multiple opportunities to change into a better person but continue to be a worse person that brings destruction for other people around them.

On the other hand the most popular common villain arc for villains most commonly popular seen in both books and movies is the Redemption Arc, Darth Vader being one of the very best examples of this in Return of the Jedi in the Star Wars original t...

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

On the other hand the most popular common villain arc for villains most commonly popular seen in both books and movies is the Redemption Arc, Darth Vader being one of the very best examples of this in Return of the Jedi in the Star Wars original trilogy. This is our positive arc change for villains. Vader starts off as a character who has committed a lot of crimes in the past, he goes through some conflict with Luke, he does some soul searching and then at the end he decides to finally redeem himself by going back toward the light side making a choice to save Luke and throw the Emperor down a shaft.
These are the most popular two arcs when it comes to writing villains

Relationships & Partners and Writing Skills Tips. (A Writing Advice Guide Bookजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें