Continuation of What It Means To Annotate: Examples Below P24

Please do not copy the diary entries. They belong to the author, I would not be sharing any of them if I did not purposefully comment and respond to almost every other sentence. Unless you use it as a model to write your own example of annotation or a challenging writing prompt to follow NEVER COPY IT EVER. I will never put this book in stores or on another website either. This is a solo Wattpad story only and only exists for the convenience of those who wish to catch onto several writing skills and practiced them, Skylights, when they have no resources to use and accessibly provide themselves off line. I don't want any money for it and I don't want popularity for it. It is just a simple gift to less fortunate than me and to me them being able to read this is satisfying enough. It is enough for me that readers will want to read it.

188: 206th diary entry annotated.
Next day
I have just enough paper and berry ink to write one more time. (Wow.) The morning bell will ring soon and I'll have to go to the fields. (14 words, good old bell.) There's time to write a few words. ( make the last entry decently fulfilling.) I have decided to begin with F-R-E-E-D-O-M. (7 words, the entire theme of this book.)
Freedom. I let the memory pictures take shape in my mind. (11 words, show us, tell us your new visual outlook of that word's meaning.) Mr. Harms is safe and able to go on with his work. (12 words, a really good thing.) Hince and Spicy are free and together. (7 words, you made sure they could have a happy ending together.) I remembered the little girl I'd helped the night before and I smiled. (13 words, it's such a good old wondrous feeling, indeed.) My doll Little Bit would be free before me. Freedom. (10 words, true.) I remembered what Mr. Harms had said about choices. (9 words, you always would.) I looked at the letters more closely. (7 words, she is reading real deeply now.) For the first time freedom showed me a clear picture. (10 words, oh yes!)

A picture of me. (4 words, true as can be.)

(The diary part has official end, but I like to think the epilogue is also a diary entry too at a way later date, so it is marked up as a diary entry. right below. And remember before P6 of these Continued Annotation chapters there were 23 diary entries listed from P2- P5 so I will give you the actual total number of diary entries that were in this tiny book.)

189: 207th diary entry annotated
The Epilogue
During the summer of 1939, when Clotee Henley was ninety-two years old, she was interviewed by Lucille Av-ery, a student at Fisk University, which is in Nashville, Tennessee. Miss Avery, along with many other writers, had been hired by the government to visit aging slaves and record their stories. Clotee's story first appeared in the Virginia Chronicle, summer 1940.
Miss Avery visited Clotee at her home in Hampton, Virginia. And for over two months, Clotee shared her diaries, photos, and papers. From Miss Avery's research, we know that Clotee served as a conductor on the Underground Railroad, helping over one hundred and fifty slaves get to freedom, and as a spy for the Union Army from 1862-1865. She was awarded commendation by General Ulysses S. Grant for her valor.
During the war however, life at Belmont changed forever. Briley Waith was at Fort Sumter with Edmund Ruffin, Sr., who fired the first shot. Mas' Henley lost an arm at the battle of Fredericksburg, and Miz Lilly went mad when Yankees camped on Belmont grounds and turned the Big House into a Union hospital. Aunt Tee used all her knowledge of roots and herbs to save the lives of soldiers, even when army doctors snickered and called it voodoo. They stopped laughing when she saved more lives than they did. Sadly, Aunt Tee died of cholera on Christmas Day 1864, months before the war ended. She was buried beside Uncle Heb in the plantation cemetery.
When Missy's mama died, she ran off and later married a Buffalo Soldier out West.
After the war, Mr. Harms arranged for Clotee to travel up North, where she received a hero's welcome. After several business failures, Mr. Harms moved to Scotland where he dropped out of sight. Although Clotee never met Sojourner Truth, she did meet Frederick Douglass, with whom she corresponded until his death in 1895.
In 1875, Clotee returned to Virginia, where she attended Virginia Colored Women's Institute, then dedicated her life to the education of former slaves, women's suffrage, equal rights, and justice for all people regardless of race, creed, or nationality.
Inside her diaries, Miss Avery found two other interesting items that help conclude Clotee's story. One was a photo and packet of letters from Dr. William Monroe Henley, who had become a professor of philosophy at Oberlin College in Ohio. He had been disinherited by his father for taking a stand against prejudice. "Through education Mr. Harms did more to destroy slavery than all the laws on the books could legislate," he wrote to Clotee in 1891.
There was another photo of a handsome elderly couple, surrounded by a large family. On the back was written: