Continuation of What It Means To Annotate: Examples Below P21

Please do not copy the diary entries. They belong to the author, I would not be sharing any of them if I did not purposefully comment and respond to almost every other sentence.  Unless you use it as a model to write your own example of annotation or a challenging writing prompt to follow NEVER COPY IT EVER. I will never put this book in stores or on another website either. This is a solo Wattpad story only and only exists for the convenience of those who wish to catch onto several writing skills and practice them, Skylights, when they have no resources to use and accessibly provide themselves offline. I don't want any money for it and I don't want popularity for it. It is just a simple gift to less fortunate than me and to me them being able to read this is satisfying enough. It is enough for me that readers will want to read it.

You, however,  may quote whatever annotations I have stated that you find make a very good lesson and point I will allow that. I quote people all the time. And I will be listing several quotes from the story in these chapters to come up later because they are really good to quote, my friends.

155: 174th diary entry annotated.
Thursday, January 5, 1860
It finally happened! (3 words, what?)
Mr. Harms done been found out. (6 words, well he always knew it was going to happen sooner or later. Not all good things last forever.)
Hince tattled. How did he know? (6 words, yep you thought he never knew, but he did keep it secret this long.)

Later
We're all here at Aunt Tee's cabin. (7 words, the best place to be) I'm trying to write down all that's been going on, so we'll never disremember. (14 word, that is the first time I ever seen this version of to never not remember.) Spicy told Hince about me, Mr. Harms, the one-eyed man, the abolitionists — everything. (13 words, you could have mentioned that a lot sooner, honestly Spicy.)
She asked me to forgive her. "I trusted Hince.
I didn't know he was gon' tell on po' Mr. Harms." (20 words, he had no reason to earlier but now with the possibility of going to the Deep South he had a real big excuse to reasonably tattle.) I wouldn't a-counted Hince 'mongst the tattlers either. (8 words, me either; he is such a kind, generous, thoughtful boy.)
It breaks my heart that he has. (7 words, mine too, mine too, Clotee, dear.)
Would he tell on me if he got scared enough? (10 words)

Still later
Hince came to Aunt Tee's cabin after the last meal, when he knew all of us would be here. (19 words) "I aine going to the Deep South with the Campbelles. (10 words) Why should I care about a white man? (8 words, because he can help you, Hince.) It's his life or mine." (5 words, yeah sure.) Them words didn't sound like Hince. (6 words, absolutely true.) He must be plenty scared. (5 words, also true.)
I would be — having to go to the Deep South. (10 words, no slaves who wasn't from the Deep South would ever want to be moved there, Skylights.)
Aunt Tee never stopped stirring the pot. She spoke. (9 words) "Going to freedom this way would be a bitter road. (10 words, wow, what a quote, Skylights.) Mr. Harms may be white but he come here to help the likes of us. (15 words, so much truth.) Wrong for one of us to be the cause of his undoing." (12 words, also totally true.)
"What am I s'posed to do?" (6 words)
"You've got to make this thing right, somehow." (8 words, you do have to make it right in one way.) Then with pleading in her voice, Aunt Tee went on saying,
"Oh, son, if you gets to freedom, don't let it be on a river of innocent blood — or you'll sour yo' heart and soul." (35 words, if only more people spread advice like Aunt Tee there'd be fewer wars in the world today. What an amazingly powerful line of advice to quote, Skylights.)
Hince dropped his head. "I aine going to the Deep South and that's all there is to it. (18 words, I can't blame him for saying what he did, Skylights.) I'm purely sorry 'bout Mr. Harms, but it's him or me, and right now, I got to look out after me." He looked at Spicy. (25 words, at least he does feel consciously guilty and sorry about his action.) She didn't say nothing. (4 words, of course she's not saying anything, she's probably still upset with you currently, Hince.)
I stood with Aunt Tee. (5 words)
"Mr. Harms could have turned me in to win favor with Miz Lilly and Mas' Henley. (16 words, very true.) He never did. I owe him something. (7 words, true he never did do that.) I'm gon' try to help." (5 words, you do that, clever little girl.) Now that I've studied on it a spell, I can't shake a stick at Hince without it pointing back at me. (21 words, also true, but that's a more hilarious way of putting it, Clotee.) I told on Shad when I thought it would save Hince. (11 words, what matters is you told the truth that really counts when is told, Clotee, don't feel bad about telling truth.) And I didn't care. (4 words) Now Hince done used what he knew to bargain with Mas' Henley for his freedom. (15 words, also true.) He aine about to go to the Deep South. (9 words, true nobody who is a slave wants to be in the Deep South States.) I understand wanting to be free, but telling on Mr. Harms aine the way to do it — it just aine right. (21 words, also true.)
Right now I feel like we're the Israelites standing at the Red Sea. (13 words, she has read the Bible and now she draw clear analogies in her own life similar to the stories of the Bible.) Pharaoh's army is coming in chariots. (6 words, it would feel like that, like the idiom stuck between a rock and a hard place.) Our backs are to the water. (6 words)
Mr. Harms is tied up in the study waiting for the sheriff to come. (14 words, eugh!) What we need is for God to push back the waters so we can cross over on dry land. (18 words, he will send you help. God does protect his people who choose to follow him and you and Aunt Tee certainly did choose that, Clotee.) We need a plan. (4 words, yes you do and it better be very clever.)