What's A Major Character?

This is coming for a that is specifically built on writing composition and Creative Writing Stories.

Gabriel Arquilevich is the Author for this Writing Guide of Writing For 100 Days.
About The Author
Gabriel Arquilevich holds a B.A. in English from Johnston College and an M..A. in Poetry from the University of Massachusetts in Amhersican ansition to his six years of teaching experience, he is the author of several educational publications, including World Religions (Teacher Created Materials), and the complete high school literature curricula for Oak Meadow School, an international home schooling center based in Blacksburg, VA. Currently, in addition to his work as a freelance writer, Mr. Arquilevich teaches English at Oak Grove School, in Ojai, CA.

Other Credits to people who had a part in the book turning out the way it did.
For their help in reviewing couragement and sunil thank David Howard and Mary Embree. For their ongoing encouragewich to hisupposam grateful to Bonnie and LawMance Williams. Thank you to Ron Arquileych, for his help designing the cover of the book. wreak my wife and friend, Jaymie Arquilevich, for her patience, her love and her support.
This book is dedicated to my students, who have taught me the value of teaching.

You heard it here first this author is an inexperienced teacher. Writing Students taught them about the writing process. This is a rare occurrence. Again I am not going to reference the publishing company because like the more recent writing guide their copyright rules are ridiculous when it comes to writing guides.

This chapter will focus solely on the first chapter of Part 2 of the book called Fiction Chapter 1: Hints on How To Create Your Main Character. This book was made in mind with students who school at home too.

Most beginning writers feel that plot is true most imposessential ot of fiction. While experient beine worlested that a well haracter development, even theod story, thy wored wriers matid gout thorough c macter deacters before decidine best plots here dulla Fact, may licion withou develop their ma character example saling on a plot the reaton stre thiecharies deno defines the action e stolen. Inac, say you spend a day at the neighborhood mall then you get your wallet or purse stolen.  In another town, the same thing happens to a student your age Alhough the episodes are identical, the details of the story will be different because of who you are! -Gabriel Arquilevich.

So we will be dedicating a lot of time and having fun developing our main characters before beginning a story. Let's begin by making a list of basic character traits.

1. gender
2. age
3. physical appearance: (can include facial appearance, weight and height and even description of clothing doesn't have to though. -Lumna10.)
4. Religion (This is optional but for me it is not. -Lumna10.)
5. Economic Status.
6. Health
7. Family-siblings can include step-siblings, parents that are married or divorced. And the third big option is usually the involvement of Grandparents. But I have seen stories where Aunts, Uncles and Cousins affect the Main Character more than their Original Family. This also rings true for your closest best friends they are second family they fit here.
8. Level of Education
9. Employment
10. Experience of Childhood

This list is only the beginning. Within each of these categories, there's room for countless details And when you begin to describe personality, it gets really interesting. In fact, it's the idiosyncrasies that tell us the most about a character. Is he afraid of heights? Does she like sushi? Has there been some tragic or happy event that shaped his life? What does she think about all day?
Remember, these peculiarities reveal a character's inner life by showing us, not by telling us. Imagine reading about a character who, when crossing a street, "always stops mid-walk looks around, and then sprints the rest of the way." Isn't that more exciting than reading about a person who is "quite nervous when crossing streets"? So, you might want to including the following features to the ones
listed above. You should add as many as you like to the list.

1. Superstitions
2. Psychical Peculiarities
3. Personal Hygiene
4. Relationships
5. Favorite Foods
6. Most Embarrassing Moments
-Gabriel Arquilevich

4) Spend the two days creating a character. Beginning with  the list of basic feature. Describe them in great detail your main characters of your story. Feel free to brainstorm more character traits. Gather as much information as you can. Include several idiosyncratic traits. Have fun!
Important Notice-This exercise is meant for you to help discover the richness and depth of your main character of your main character. -Gabriel Arquilevich
Keep in mind that when you write your story you want your character traits to surface sparingly. The story will be bogged down if you describe too many of your main character traits all at once.

One thing that will make your job easier if you  tell the readers your Main Characters age they'll immediately figure out average height and weight in their brain without you having to tell them. But if you want to second guess this natural instinct you can simply she or he is either above or below average height and weight for her/his age. (This is my paraphrasing her/his words. -Lumna10.)

Since I could learn walk I was less than the average child height I should have been. From 2 years old or started at 3 years old from 9 years old I had medical growth spurt shots at least I think those are the accurate range that I went through that medication I remember it. This was caused by my mental disability called 18p minus where I am missing half of my 18th chromosome. I think a lot differently than many normal average people. This means my thoughts sometimes come out backwards when I speak publicly about something important to me. The only physical body disruption I have had thanks to this mental disability is sometimes I can and cannot tell the difference between hot and cold water temperatures. (Every word I just said is my own personal experience. The last paragraph is my own personal story and I'm not ashamed of it. It doesn't inhibit any of my body function and I do seem like a normal average 25 year old other than the fact I have a youthful baby face which causes people to mistake me consistently for a 12 year old. -Lumna10.)

Writing Exercise Prompt
Now it's time to bring your main character to life. By doing so, you'll see firsthand the importance of character development. Write a one-page episode describing what happens when your character buys groceries at the local mini-mart at 3:30 a.m. (Nothing spectacular has to take place! Just be sure to bring your character to life.) --Gabriel Arquilevich
Do this with a group if you can it will strengthen your reading skills and connect you to other real life experiences in a more personal way, dear Skylights. That will also enrich your story work as well, enjoy. -Luma10.

Note with animals when they are main characters you must include the weight and body length difference between females and males especially in the big cat family and in the canine family too. And some reptiles follow this rule by length and pounds instead of height. Herd animals sizes vary and it is easier to treat them by saying every individual has its own unique body shape.