Continuation of What It Means To Annotate: Examples Below P13

Please do not copy the diary entries. They belong to the author, I would not be sharing any of them if I did not purposefully comment and respond to almost every other sentence. And FYI really dark stuff coming has already started up. Unless you use it as a model to write your own example of annotation or a challenging writing prompt to follow NEVER COPY IT EVER. I will never put this book in stores or on another website either. This is a solo Wattpad story only and only exists for the convenience of those who wish to catch onto several writing skills and practiced them, Skylights, when they have no resources to use and accessibly provide themselves off line. I don't want any money for it and I don't want popularity for it. It is just a simple gift to less fortunate than me and to me them being able to read this is satisfying enough. It is enough for me that readers will want to read it.

You, however, may quote whatever annotations I have stated that you find make a very good lesson and point I will allow that. I quote people all the time. And I will be listing several quotes from the story in these chapters to come up later because they are really good to quote, my friends.

66: 88th diary entry annotated.
Thursday
I've been tryin' to piece together all that's done went on for the last few days. (6 words)
No time to grieve, 'cause our work nine never stopped. (10 words, we know that isn't exactly true they had enough to get him buried and cry and sing over him because it is mentioned in the entry last chapter Skylights.)
Mas' Henley wants his food served on time and the Missus wants her house cleaned, her bed made, her water brought up for baths, and on and on and on — no end to the work she thinks up for us to do. (42 words)
Aunt Tee misses Uncle Heb so much, she just shakes with hurt. (12 words)
Then she sings a lot — (5 words)

Help me, help me, help me, Jesus.
Help me, help me, help me, Lord.
Father, you know I'm not able
To climb this mountain by myself.
Help me, help me, help me, Jesus.
Help me, help me, help me, Lord.
(I feel like this prayer is always in my heart every morning and night, Skylights-Lumna10.)

Nobody should have to live as a slave. (8 words)
If a slave can be an abolitionist, then I want to be one, 'cause I hate slavery and I want it to end. (23 words)

67: 89th diary entry annotated.
Friday
Whenever I write the word F-L-O-W-E-R I will think of that kindly old man who grew beautiful roses and told the best stories ever. (24 words, I am not sure they were the best stories for everyone on the plantation, honestly.)
After the dinner meal, Spicy and I walked through Uncle Heb's flower beds all the way down to the river. (20 words.)
The sunflowers were turned toward the evenin' sun. I remembered Uncle Heb called me his little Sunflower Girl. (18 words, why did he ever call her that? Are we about to find out now?)
He said my face always looked like it was facin' the sun — full of brightness. (15 words, oh)
I squeezed Little Bit, my birthday doll, which I've come to carryin' round in my apron pocket. (17 words, similar to a stress ball used in the same way today, Skylights.)
I like the feel of the smooth wood on my hand. (11 words, nice touch.)
That would please Uncle Heb. (5 words.)
My thoughts made me smile. (5 words)
Spicy found a four-leafed clover. (5 words)
It's s'posed to bring good luck. (6 words, I never believe in those sayings.)
We sure could use some 'round this place. (8 words.)

68: 90th diary entry annotated.
Saturday
Spicy and me took Miz Lilly's bath water up to her room. (12 words)
She sent Spicy out, but she asked me to stay and fan her for a while. (16 words)
I obeyed. (2 words)
"Clotee, things are goin' to change round here. (8 words) But, I'm takin' care of you. (6 words
Don't you worry. (3 words) Just promise me you won't say a word 'bout your talk with me 'bout William. (15 words) I never dreamed that he would do somethin' so stupid. STUPID!" (11 words the past last two sentences.)
I think Miz Lilly is worried that if Mas' Henley finds out I had warned her 'bout William's plan to ride Dancer, and she'd done nothin' to stop him, he would be really, really mad with her. (37 words, she is quite embarrassed but she is also warning you that she won't let the Master put you in a bad job itself, Skylights.)
Now she's tryin' to still my mouth with favors. (9 words.)
What is gettin' ready to change ' round here? (8 words)
And how is Miz Lilly in gon' help me? (9 words)
None of this makes me feel very good in the stomeck. (11 words, she is still queasy as ever, dear Skylights.)