Continuation of What It Means To Annotate: Examples Below P10

Please do not copy the diary entries. They belong to the author, I would not be sharing any of them if I did not purposefully comment and respond to almost every other sentence. And FYI STARTING AT this chapter of my annotation of this book is where it is not for the age group below high-schoolers as there are really dark stuff coming up. Unless you use it as a model to write your own example of annotation or a challenging writing prompt to follow NEVER COPY IT EVER. I will never put this book in stores or on another website either. This is a solo Wattpad story only and only exists for the convenience of those who wish to catch onto several writing skills and practiced them, Skylights, when they have no resources to use and accessibly provide themselves off line. I don't want any money for it and I don't want popularity for it. It is just a simple gift to less fortunate than me and to me them being able to read this is satisfying enough. It is enough for me that readers will want to read it.

You, however,  may quote whatever annotations I have stated that you find make a very good lesson and point I will allow that. I quote people all the time. And I will be listing several quotes from the story in these chapters to come up later because they are really good to quote, my friends.

33: 56th diary entry annotated.
Monday
Mas' Henley and Hince have gone to a race over in Chester. (12 words)
Miz Lilly been into it with William all mornin'. (9 words)
He stormed out of the house and spent the mornin' with Uncle Heb at the stables. (16 words, I think William's pretty aware that his Mom hates him so he skips lessons to purposefully avoid her anger and hatred. Not all kids are oblivious to everything Skylights.)
There was no lesson today. (5 words)

34: 57th diary entry annotated.
Tuesday
Durin' study time, the Missus turned to figurin' numbers — and numbers don't come to me quick like the letters and words do. (22 words)
But even as bad as I am, William is still
worse. (11 words, lol no wonder people still hate math today.)

35: 58th diary entry annotated.
Wednesday, June 1, 1859
There was a meetin' at Belmont this evenin'. (8 words.)
While I was servin' up sweets and coffee, I overheard Mas' Henley say he's supportin' a Cleophus Tucker who is runnin' for congress. (23 words) Mas' Henley is plannin' to put on a big party in his honor on the 4th of July. (18 words)
"Tucker's the man we need in Washington," Mas' Henley told members of the group. (14 words)
They left a newspaper on the table, so when I was cleanin' up, I hid it under my dress to read later. (22 words)

36: 59th diary entry annotated.
Next day
I read as much of the newspaper as I could, pickin' out words I know. (15 words)
It's still a heap of words I don't know. (9 words, typical of newspapers, some today use unnecessary repetitive redundant words.)
But I did find out abolistines are A-B-O-L-I-T-I-O-N-I-S-T-S. (8 words, I found the way she was spelling it earlier hilarious!)
I know the right spellin' of the words now. (9 words)  I also found out that abolitionists live in places called the New York, the Boston and the Phildelphia. (18 words) Then there's somethin' called an underground railroad that slaves ride on to get to freedom. (15 words) I really want to know more 'bout that. (8 words)
I wrote all these names on a piece of paper. (10 words) I'll bind my time. (4 words, patience will always pay you forward in the future, Skylights.)
When the chance comes, I'll try to find these things on Mas' Henley's book of maps. (16 words, knowing about something and knowing where something started is two different things; the latter is the more risky choice when you happen to be a slave.)

37: 60th diary entry annotated.
Friday
The rains have finally stopped. (5 words)
No rain all this week. (5 words)
Now the long heat sets in. (6 words)
Mosquitoes are busy, but we've burned rags almost every night to keep them away. (14 words, never heard of that method to keep those naggers away.)