Best & Worst Story Twists Discussions

First of All I know I am going to upset a lot of people by saying this about Wreck It Ralph did not have the best surprise villain plot twist because we get both name and backstory within the main course of the plot of the movie and so by that time I was not overly surprised that King Candy was Turbo, being an avid writer and reader told me to pick up clues other audience viewers would never pick up on guys.

But the movie that actually does throw you off pretty well from the main villain is Coco's and one of the reason is because the villain not only took the songs of another as his own but his guitar and the same outfit

But the movie that actually does throw you off pretty well from the main villain is Coco's and one of the reason is because the villain not only took the songs of another as his own but his guitar and the same outfit. And throughout the moon until last turning point minute we never get a face reveal of this missing person's face that is what drives Miguel's misbelief and that is what drives the audience's misbelief and yes I was totally in shock when Miguel actually realized what happened to Hector. What Ernesto really did was successfully steal someone's identity and almost sole purpose if Hector hadn't put that emphasis on family in front of his best friend Hector wouldn't be remember as well and this is something Ernesto did not rely on, and that is what sold him out even best friends should at least try to act like family even if they are suss and that is how Miguel was able to realize Hector was poisoned because Ernesto wasn't acting the friendly way and this discovery impacts the elation of the later realization that Miguel discovers Hector is his real great-great grandfather.

 What Ernesto really did was successfully steal someone's identity and almost sole purpose if Hector hadn't put that emphasis on family in front of his best friend Hector wouldn't be remember as well and this is something Ernesto did not rely on, ...

Ernesto/Hector twist checks off all the good plot twist marks of the picture up above where as Wreck It Ralph the signals are there but if you're not smart enough to see realize they are there you will never understand them

Ernesto/Hector twist checks off all the good plot twist marks of the picture up above where as Wreck It Ralph the signals are there but if you're not smart enough to see realize they are there you will never understand them. Coco has by far the best plot twist of all Pixar movies and it certainly surpasses most Disney movie plot twists as well except for Moana with the whole Te Fiti is one and the same with Te Ka. That twist is similar to the one in the Coco. Except Moana doesn't really check number one point off for me as it was a settling things down scene where at that time no shock value was needed to be created for an audience to experience, Skylights.
Moana's plot twist is at 9.5 stars being good.
Coco's plot twist instant 10 stars ranked at great, because it is a great plot twist.
Buddy/Syndrome plot twist is 9.0 starts also good. It has Shock value, Believability and Plausibility, It does impacts other characters significantly especially our mains but the plot was kind of weaklinbed.
It was variety back when it was released but not because this plot twist is used so often it has lost its capability of being varied. The villain in Incredibles 2 is just a less intriguing more feminine copycat and her plan is also kind of a copycat as well from his play book. As Megamind in Megamind says the Difference between a Supervillain and a villain is, "Presentation" how they present themselves to others. Syndrome's entrance into the story is what sells his villain arc in the Incredibles' first movie and it makes us want to learn what the heck happened to make him like that, Skylights. And the fact that the writer wasted no time in revealing who he used to be in front of Mr. Incredible is another good punch at both making the audience too comfortable with the villain and yet uncomfortable when they are siding with the hero.
The least surprising twist if you have seen the movies up above is Belleweather being a villain because she represents the other extreme of Ernesto where she is being way too friendly with Judy from the start the same thing occurred with Buddy in the Incredibles it is a big red flag I mean why should be so friendly to someone she just met?
Again it lacks variety because it is so overused in movie media. And I honestly think the timing of reveal was slightly delayed a bit too longer the reveal of Doug being on the bad's inside and the sniper was done so much better than Belleweather's plot twist and his actions were impacting more of the plot and the main characters while he successfully manages to keep himself off screen.  For Doug alone this movie's plot twist rests comfortably at an 8 stars ranking of semi better than good but not quite great.
Now speaking of Zootopia Nick Wild has his own plot twists that takes up very little time in the movie has variety and impact on our character Judy and immense shock value, because it is both one out of two of the listed common plot twists in one of the pictures up above it reveals his backstory, his background and true motivation for why he is so stiff and snarky towards everyone else and Judy. And hist history is the dark mirrored version of what both Gideon and Judy could have both allowed themselves to become and this makes a 9.5 stars ranking as a great plot twist.