Writing A Boring Piece Lesson

Begin this experiment by finding an excerpt from a poem, essay or novel that you find boring. In a few words, explain why it's boring. Is the tone uninteresting? Is the plot dull?
Does it lack clarity? Is the language too sentimental, abstract, or conversational?
By identifying what makes the piece boring to you, you can avoid these pitfalls in your own writing. This leads to our assignment, which is bound to produce laughs and controversy.
Try to write a boring piece. It's a lot harder than you think! Here are some rules:
• It has to be a poem, essay or story. No instruction manuals or encyclopedia entries.
• It has to make sense. You can't be deliberately nonsensical or write the same sentence over and over again.
• It should be well-written; although this is an experiment, you should practice good writing.
• It has to be at least one page.

When everyone is done, each student takes turns reading his piece to the class. On a scale of
1-10, the class rates the composition's "degree of boredom."
Hopefully, this assignment will refine your writing sensibility. Always remember this: how you write is as important as what you write. Just because your content is dull, it doesn't mean your tone will be. Likewise, even fascinating material can be made dull by bad writing.

The best way to avoid boredom and boring your audience write everything boring you can on a complete separate piece of paper till you run out of ideas. Then go back to your story having gotten all the useless junk jargon out of your own brain, Skylights. —Lumna10.