Chapter 88: New Home 2 - Tomoka's side

The night was harsh, but having Arisa by my side calmed me down and we slept till 10 AM. The other reason is this small window in our bedroom. Even though it is already morning, only a few beams of light come through it inside.

„Good morning, Arisa."

I greeted her as always and kissed. While getting up, a sound of doorbell stopped me.

(ding, dong, ding, dong)

„Do we have a visitor?"

It might be one of ghosts."

„They usually don't use doorbells."

True."

We got outside and met there...

„Karex!"

„Kkaaarrreeexxx!!"

He began running away, I followed him and caught him.

„Hey! What is with this house?!"

What do you mean?"

„It is haunted!"

Oh! I am sorry... mmm... give me a minute."

Karex disappeared into the house and several minutes later came back... with a strange device in his hands.

I forgot to remove this haunting device. It emits sounds of ghosts to chase away all possible buyers. I didn't want anyone but you to have it. Hahaha..."

„Aaaaaah!"

He tried to run away once more, but I caught him again.

„Can you imagine how scared we... Arisa was?"

„You have to compensate us for it!"

What do you mean?"

„Clean the house."

Okay."

„And our bedroom is too small with a small window. We have no bed or sofa. And the kitchen is too old. And all walls need to be fixed. And it needs a new roof and the lake should be cleaned. And..."

Wait! Do you want me to fix the whole house? Can you imagine how much would it cost?"

(Surely a lot. But that is your problem.)

He thought for a minute.

Mmm... maybe I could arrange it for you... for a favor. And you would have to clean that lake yourselves."

„What favor?"

He whispered it to my ear.

„I have to ask Arisa."

Sure... let me know when you decide. I will stay here."

„Arisa!"

I ran up to her.

„Do you like kids?"

She looked confused, but then smiled and said Yes.

I returned back to Karex and informed him about it. His idea was to run this house as school for local kids again. It wasn't my and I supposed also Arisa's dream job, but in our current situation it was not too bad.

„But why did you tell me, that you wanted us to live here? You couldn't know, that we would get kicked from our house. For how long did you place that device there?"

You got me. Haha. The truth is, that I wanted to own it for a long time, but its owner didn't want to sell it for any low price. So..."

Oh... Hello, Arisa. How are you?"