Chapter 89: Baseball Match

It's the last day of September and we are going on our next date... to watch my gang playing baseball.

„Arisa, are you ready to go?"

Just a minute!"

We set off just after breakfast to get there on time. It is easy to forget it here, but I still remember how heavy the traffic in Tokyo can be and Arisa also wanted to buy some clothes and other stuff.

„I will wait outside."

Sure."

We bought warmer clothes and a duvet.

„In the worst case you can cuddle to me and I will warm you up."

Arisa turned red.

Ah... isn't it just time to go watch that match!?"

I wanted to hug her, but she slipped past me and hurried to pay.

(You can escape me now, but not when we are at home.)

We arrived to the place and I got a call from Ando.

„Hey, Ando..."

Onee-chan, are you here yet?!"

„Yes, we just arrived..."

That is good! Shimura can't arrive and therefore we are one player short. So one of you will have to play."

„Wait what?!"

What happened, Tomoka?", asked me Arisa.

„Eh... do you like..."

(Ah, she said before to not ask these questions.)

„No... do you want to play? They need at least one more player."

I could join them myself, but I wanted Arisa to have fun and to cheer for her.

I don't know whether I would be of any help."

(Ah... she rejected it. (sigh) In that case I will play and she can cheer on us.)

So, are you gonna play with us, onee-chan?"

„Yes, I will join you. Arisa will cheer for us on..."

Wait! I didn't say, that I don't want to play."

(Oh! Did I misunderstand it?!)

No problem if you both join. It is just for fun. We do not expect to win that."

„Oh... then we will both join..."

Okay. Come to the locker room, we will prepare two uniforms for you there."

„Mmm... sure... we are on the way."

„Arisa, follow me!"

We arrived to the locker room and spotted two uniforms placed on the table. Both of them were of similar size. Arisa had no problem to change into it, but it was quite too tight for me.

(I didn't expect them to have female versions, but they could at least prepare something a bit bigger.)

(sigh)

Umm... Tomoka? Are you alright?"

„Sure. I will just have to talk with Ando later."

Outside we met Ando and others. Everyone was already prepared for the match.

Thanks for coming... and sorry onee-chan. We didn't have other clothes."

„I don't mind it."

(I do, but it doesn't matter now.)

„So why is Shimura not here?"

You know Maria. She just changed his plans at the last moment."

„Ah, I see."

When the voice from loudspeakers announced begin of the match, we moved to the field.

Everyone welcome our famous host team Slum Goblins!"

And also their guests... Fishing Brothers! And also two sisters it seems. Haha!"

„Fishing brothers?"

I just made that up to not reveal our real name.", replied Ando.

„I see."

(Wait! Do we have any official name?)

The game began. Ando was the first to bat and succeeded right away. Years of fighting were not in vain... and they surely also trained a lot for it.

Arisa came next.

(She looks determined to hit it too.)

Pitcher threw the ball and... ahhh...

„Arisa!"

It didn't hit her, but she dropped to the ground.

„Arisa! What happened?! Is any doctor here?!"

The game was terminated. I carried Arisa back to the locker room and wanted to stay there with her, but that was not possible... our team would be disqualified.

She is just shocked and needs to rest. It will be alright."

„Really?"

Yes. You can return to the game."

I didn't want to leave her there alone, but since the room can be locked, I was calm. No one will disturb her rest there.

We returned to the field and continued the play. Now it was my Turn and I scored... home run! First two points came to us.

When the opposite team came to bat, we moved to the field. The result was 4 points for them. Goto was our pitcher and his style wasn't bad, but those goblins still managed to grab all bases and then the last ball was hit and flying into the field.

I got it!", shouted Shinoda.

No! It's mine!", Tsukasa yelled at him and run toward him.

(sigh)

What else can happen when these two get together?! Of course they crashed into each other and all the opposite team members returned home.

„Tsukasa! What are you doing?! Go over there next time!"

I showed him the other side of the field. But it was now our turn to bat.

Irie, Kudo and Miyazaki... all of them 3 strikeouts and our turn ended. The rest of the game was similar... except one moment in the fifth round, where Shinoda surprisingly gained 1 point for us... a miracle. The ending score was 20 : 3 for the other team, but it didn't matter... we had a lot of fun.

When everything finished, I hurried back to Arisa. She was already awake.

„Arisa, are you alright?"

Yes. What happened to me? And did we win?"

„The ball almost hit you and you fainted. So, there was no harm."

I told her about our loss and we moved to the nearby ramen shop.