Chapter 100: Visitors in the Mist 2

We got through the tunnel to the other side and continued riding toward the house of Tomoka's father. When we got outside, I noticed a new gate to his mansion. Tomoka pressed the doorbell button and announced our arrival. When we got to the main door, Tomoka's father was already waiting for us.

Welcome back my dear daughter Tomoka and also you Arisa. I am very happy, that you accepted my invitation so fast. Please come inside."

I was shocked. The man standing in front of us was someone completely different than Tomoka's zombie father from before. Not that he would look differently, but his behavior was completely opposite. But it was not just me, who noticed it.

Who are you?", asked him Tomoka.

Sure you are confused, but please come inside. And I am very sorry what happened before."

We followed him inside and sat down to chairs in one familiar room.

Do you want anything to drink?"

No, just tell us what you want."

Please, Tomoka... don't be harsh to me again."

Fine... then bring us two glasses of water."

Sure."

He pressed a button and one man arrived to receive the order.

Recently I received... no... I found out, that you found the truth about your mother and not only visited her in her new country, but also married there with Arisa here. And I was thinking about all the events, that happened. And so..."

All of a sudden tears appeared in his eyes, but he continued.

„... so I was thinking about the past and future. And so I realized..."

Here is your water.", the man entered the room and put two glasses on the table.

It isn't drugged, right?", asked him Tomoka.

No.", he said in confusion and left the room.

Don't worry Tomoka... I have no such intentions anymore. Let me continue..."

„... and realized, that if I don't want to lose you, I have to accept who you are and not try to change you and force you to something you don't like. So I am again sorry for all the bad things I did to both of you. Can you accept my apology? By the way, how is your mother? Did she say anything about me?"

Yeah... she wanted me to kick your ass pretty hard."

Ahh... yes, I deserve it for all the bad things I did to all of you. If you want, you can do that.", he got up and turned his back toward us.

No, it's okay... but if you want to redeem yourself then I have one opportunity for you."

What is it?"

Give me a written consent, which will allow me to be adopted into Arisa's family. Being her sister is one option how we can become a family in Japan."

He was thinking for a moment and then replied.

If that helps you to forgive me then I agree. But even with a different name, you will be still my daughter. And you two, Arisa."

In that case we can start a new chapter of our relationship, right?", Tomoka looked at me.

„Sure. I agree."

Thanks.", he said.

But how did you find about us so fast?", asked him Tomoka suddenly.

One of my men noticed you leaving the country and then coming back... and then I received an anonymous letter with info about your marriage. I don't know who sent it, but it was sent from Norway. And I realized how wrong I was about both of you... so I wanted to visit you, but I always got lost in a tunnel where my men told me you disappeared in. Even when I tried to go there myself..."

We were is shock again. So he kept stalking us and even wanted to visit the place, where we live? But...

(Did the mist prevented him to enter it? But why my parents were able to get there without any problems and Tomoka's father wasn't?)

Then I thought more about everything and was thinking what to do, when suddenly I received your Line contact and decided to write you from another phone. I am again sorry about everything... oh it reminded me... wait here..."

This time he didn't ring at anyone, but left the room himself... and in a minute returned back with a wad of letters in his hands.

Tomoka, these are all letters from your mother, please take them. And come back here in a few days, I will have that consent prepared for you."

Oh... okay. Thanks."

Tomoka looked to be still confused from everything that happened here as well as me, but I was happy, that it ended somehow well.

Since the water seemed to really not contain any drugs, we returned safely back into our house behind the mist. I more and more wonder how this place works.

When we got back, my parents were already waiting in front of the house and looked surprised when we got there in our car.

Arisa?! Did you go shopping?"

„No. We visited Tomoka's father as I wrote on that note.", I pointed at the main door, but it was empty.

What note? We didn't read anything."

(Did the wind take it away?)

We explained them what happened... except that part with the red set and they were happy, that it ended well.

„So soon you can invite Tomoka into our family."

Sure. When you have the consent, I will go apply for it right the way.", replied me father and I was very happy.

As my parents already decided before, they stayed with us during the evening and night as well. Tomorrow morning I got up just before my children came for the class. After I opened the main door, one girl informed me, that someone is watching them from the window above. I looked there and noticed my parents watching me.

Sensei, who are these people?"

„My parents came to visit us."

Oh, really? That is nice.", said the girl and waved at them and they waved back.

I then moved together with the children into the class and started new lesson. Meanwhile Tomoka prepared them breakfast and took them back to the train station in Ogawa... as I later learned.

Ah... everything is going so well... I have my happy life with my wife, soon we will become a family... Tomoka found her lost mother and we even made up with her father... all is so good.