97

🥀

clicking of cameras along with the blinding flash of lights echoed through out the room as soon as the ceo of jeon corporation had appeared on stage.

it was such a rare event for the powerful corporation to hold any press conference and especially with one that involves the ceo himself so the media had made sure to capture every moment.

there was no q & a portion for the press and the number of media allowed in the venue were limited so people were very curious and interested as to what the sudden press conference is all about making sure to tune into the live coverage. although, most had already assumed it involves the recent news surrounding the ceo.

a lot of rumours had erupted in the past few days involving the taekook couple respectively.

the hot topic being that the young silver haired model is said to be engaged after the younger had posted a picture of him enjoying a cup of tea, his fans hawk eyes quick to spot the shiny diamond ring on his finger. the young model and his agency still had not released any official statement.

the second top search is about jungkook stepping down from his position and that the younger is also engaged. hyunbin hadn't made any announcements yet and had soon found out it was his brother, seungho who started to spread the issue.

the taekook couple had first decided to keep everything private, only close friends and family informed for the time being but with the continous pressure from the public and press had made jungkook decide to just address everything once and for all.

jungkook stood on stage, stopping at a marked spot to have the media take photos of him. face neutral as he stared out into the room.

the dark haired male soon took his place behind the podium, face void of any expression as his eyes gazed at the flock of media infront of him. cameras and microphones all pointed at his direction.

he made a small tip of his head before addressing everyone present and soon started his speech regarding the jeon corporation's continued expansion globally.

the media was quiet as the ceo speaks, jotting down on their notebooks or typing on their laptops trying to follow each and every word.

it wasn't until at the end of jungkook's speech that the media seemed alive again, camera flashes intensifying and murmurs filling up the air.

"i'd like to personally confirm that i am engaged to my boyfriend and now fiancé, model kim taehyung." jungkook states, face remaining neutral although his lips couldn't help but curl up a bit at the mention of his fiancé before he continued to speak. he knew that the media were wanting more details but that's all they would get from him as he wanted to keep everything else private. "also, me and my fiancé would not be doing any further interviews about our engagement."

"regarding my position as ceo of the jeon corporation, the rumours of me stepping down are false. i am and still is leading this company that my father had entrusted to me." he continues, expression turning serious once again.

"only the words that had come out from my mouth are true. all other news going around are fake and will be dealt with accordingly. my lawyer and the rest of the jeon corporation's legal team are in the process of tracking down articles, sites and people involved as we speak and we will not hesitate to file a case if needed." jungkook exclaims, voice laced with authority, eyes intently on the media present infront of him before looking directly at each of the camera knowing that it was a live coverage.

"let this be my first and last warning to anyone who would dare to continue to spread malicious rumours." the ceo states.

only the clicking of cameras could be heard as a brief moment of silence and tension had filled the room before the ceo of jeon corporation speaks again.