Planning Time!

Maks and Peta got home from their day. They had went out to dinner after the appointment and enjoyed the day together. Now they were home and had changed into comfy clothes. They were settled out on the swing as the sun was beginning to set. It had become Peta's absolute favorite place to sit, whether she was upset or angry or just fine. And since it made her so happy, Maks had taken to liking it too especially after they had gotten their new one and it was deeper and they had gotten nice cushions for it. It made curling up on it much more comfortable. Their patio had become their sitting place and their calm place. So it was no surprise that when they wanted to absorb the news of the day they were found curled up together on that very swing.

Maks was seated so that he was nestled into the corner of the swing with Peta leaning backwards into his chest. Maks had his arm loop around her shoulder with his hand resting on her belly. Her hand was fiddling with his fingers as they both sat swaying in silence.

"Little Miss Adeline Jane." Maks said softly as he stroked her belly softly.

"I kinda can't believe we know already. I feel like it's going so fast."

"I know. It feels like just yesterday you were calling for me to pick up the test."

"I can't wait til she's here. I feel like that's going to fly too. Probably too quickly. But now that we know, she's a girl. I just want to see her and to know what she's like, her looks, her personality, her little fingers, all of it. I shouldn't wish away the rest of this pregnancy because having her in there and knowing that she's growing and everything through me, is amazing. But like I said, I can't wait to meet her."

"I can't either pretty girl." He said smiling as leaned down to kiss her head, laughing when she tipped her head back immediately and they shared a goofy upside down kiss. "I like this look on you pretty girl."

"What look?" She said as she snuggled into him, linking their fingers together.

"Happy, content. Not that you aren't usually but this is different, there's something different to you lately as Adeline has been growing in there, you just have this look about you, I like it."

"Well I like the way it feels. Most days that is. I am a little nervous."

"I think that's to be expected. I'm here for you, you know that right? Anything that scares you we'll get through it together."

"I know, you show it to me everyday. It was makes it better knowing I have you."

"Good." He said kissing her head again as he squeezed her hand lightly.

"The placenta freaks me out." She said softly.

"I know babe, we just have to wait it out and trust that it will either move or Dr. Alta will do whatever she can to keep you and Addie safe."

"I know, I just hate that it's kind of all up to fate. I mean I don't want it to be left up to me or it be because I've done something but at the same time, I wish it was like the iron issue, if it's low then you take iron pills. You know what I mean?"

"I know and I agree babe, I don't like it either but I guess it's one of those things that is getting us ready for parenting. Like the things we can't control."

"I suppose that's right." She said as they both fell silent.

"Okay, we need to do something. I don't want you to sit here worrying all night, not when we are supposed to celebrating Miss Addie here."

"And what do you suggest?" She said shifting so that she was looking at him.

"Stay here. I'll be back." He said moving her off him and standing up. He pressed a quick kiss to her lips and headed into the house. He returned a few minutes later holding his laptop. He rearranged things and pulled the table closer so he could rest his feet on it. He settled back into his corner and opened up the laptop on his lap and started it up.