Shower Day!

Maks woke up the morning of the shower to Peta still tucked between him and Addie. It was a rare occurrence at this point in the pregnancy for her to sleep longer than him between just staying comfortable through the night as well as having to use the bathroom often. He snuggled into her neck and rested his hand on her belly stroking it softly as he thought about the shower that day and how it meant they were that much closer to Addie being there. As he was laying there he heard a tiny voice call out his name.

"Unca Aks." Sophie whispered from her spot on the bed.

"Hey little one, have you been up for a long time?" He whispered as he leaned up to look at her. She was laying on her back holding her bunny wrapped up in her blankie.

"You and Aunt Eta was sleepin so I played with Nosey." She whispered as she nodded her head.

"Good job little one. Do you wanna get up and come help me make breakfast for Aunt Peta and Gigi?"

"Pacakes?" She asked excitedly but keeping her whisper in tact.

"Sure." He said as he slipped out of the bed. He went around and scooped her up in his arms. He helped her in the bathroom and they headed down to start breakfast.

An hour, a few accidents, and a lot of giggles later, Maks and Sophie had breakfast all ready. They had made pancakes which were keeping warm in the oven, a fruit salad, and drinks for everyone.

"Let's go wake up Aunt Peta little one, then you can help her get Gigi okay?"

"Yay, let's go!" She said as he scooped her up. They headed up the stairs and saw Suzanne in the hall.

"Gigi! You is supposed to still be sleeping. We maked a surprise breakfast. Me and Aunt Eta come wake you up." Sophie said slightly thrown off that Suzanne was awake already.

"I'm sorry baby. Is Aunt Peta awake yet?"

"No we were on our way to get her. Sophie, what if Gigi helped us instead?" Maks offered up to Sophie.

"Okay, I guess that be okay. Come with us Gigi." Maks took them down to their room and set Sophie on the bed. He went around to the other side and sat down. Suzanne stayed in the doorway watching the scene in front of her. It gave her a good picture of what this family would look like down the line.

Sophie crawled up next to Peta and laid so that she was super close to her aunt's face. She reached out and put her hand on her cheek and patted it gently. Maks started chuckling at his niece's method.

"Aunt Eta, Aunt Eta, Aunt Eta." She chanted softly and then getting louder with each time. Maks saw Peta's lips curl up and knew she was awake. She reached forward and wrapped her arm around her niece pulling her in tight and tickling her.

"Yes yes yes yes yes yes?" Peta said as her eyes opened and she listened to her niece's giggles. After a minute or two she stopped and waited for Sophie to catch her breath.

"Aunt Eta! I telled you no more tickle monster. We have important news. Unca Aks and I cooked you and Gigi breakfast!"

"No you didn't!" Peta said feigning shock for her niece.

"Yes huh! You hafta get up so we can show you. Gigi is already awake! Come on Aunt Eta." Sophie said trying to pull her up.

"Okay okay, I'm coming. You have to let me go to the bathroom first, okay? Then I'll be down."

"Okay, come on Gigi, let's go. I'll show you what I did with Unca Aks." Sophie said skipping over to Suzanne.

"Good morning, happy Addie day, pretty girl." Maks said leaning down to kiss his wife and then her belly.