Haunted

For Miss stefanie_brito I hope it's as amazing as you were hoping! 😘😘

Addie - Age – 16 Years Old
Clara - Age – 9 Years Old

You and I walk a fragile line, I have known it all this time
But I never thought I'd live to see it break, it's getting dark and it's all too quiet
And I can't trust anything now, and it's comin' over you like it's all a big mistake
Holding my breath, won't lose you again, something's made your eyes go cold
Come on, come on don't leave me like this, I thought I had you figured out
Something's gone terribly wrong, you're all I wanted, Come on, come on don't leave me like this
I thought I had you figured out, Can't breathe whenever you're gone
Can't turn back, now I'm haunted

The door to the house slammed quickly as Maks and Peta heard a thunder of footsteps fly up the stairs and then another door slamming shut.

"Umm, you want to check on that?" Maks said looking at his wife.

"Yeah, let me give her a few minutes to catch her breath and then I'll go up." Peta said knowing all too well what it was like to be a young girl at Addie's age. She had been out on a date with her boyfriend of 6 months that day and apparently something had gone wrong.

"MOMMMM!" Clara's voice yelled down the stairs.

"Or I'm going now." Peta said leaning over to give him a kiss.

"Tell her I love her." Maks said with a weak smile. His daughter dating had basically given him a head of gray hair. He had had a full meltdown when she went on her first group date. And then nearly went ape-shit when she went through her first break up. They had learned that he was more or less backup in this situation. He only came in when absolutely necessary or when it was time to bust out the ice cream and movies.

"I will." Peta said heading up the stairs to meet Clara at the top. "What's up buttercup?"

"Umm, she's sobbing. And then she yelled at me. Well she just told me that she didn't want to talk to anyone. She's sadder than she ever has been before. She even yelled at Sampson to go away." Clara said motioning to the family's puppy who was standing next to her.

"Alright I'm going to go talk to her. Give her a little bit, I'll tell her you just wanted to check on her okay?"

"Alright. I want to hug her later. But I'll wait. I know she's sad." Clara said hugging Peta.

"I'll let her know buttercup. Thank you for getting me. Papa is downstairs alone now if you want to spend time with him."

"Welcome momma! Ohh, maybe I can read with him. Come on Sampson, let's go get my book and go see papa." Clara said as the puppy scampered along beside her. Peta smiled thankful that one of her babies was still in the innocent stage.

"Addie, sweet pea, can I come in?" Peta said knocking lightly on her oldest daughter's door.

"No, I don't want to talk." She said muffled and Peta could hear her tears.

"You don't have to. Just let me come sit with you, okay?"

"Okay." She mumbled back. Peta opened the door and headed in with her baby. She felt her heartbreak when she took in the sight in front of her. Addie looked like a disheveled mess. Her dress was rumpled, her shoes lay on the floor, and her hair was slightly a mess.

"Come here sweet pea" Peta said sitting down next to her and letting Addie curl up in her lap. She stroked her hair softly as they just sat there in silence. Addie's tears eventually slowing as she just laid there with her mother.