Cruises, Candles, & Cake

"Momma, we're going on the cruise for your birthday tonight right?" Addie asked Peta while she lay curled up next to her mother. It was a quiet morning in the cabin and everyone had spread off to different areas. Maks had Anya & Clara in the living room reading, Noah and Rylan were on the porch, Sharna & Grace were working on some art project, and Peta & Addie were curled up on Maks & Peta's bed watching a movie.

"We are. It's a nicer cruise so in a little while, all of us girls are going to go into town to get our nails done and then when we come back we'll do our hair and everything."

"Whoa, I didn't know that."

"That's because it was a secret surprise." Peta said laughing at her daughter's excitement.

"Am I the first to know?"

"You are." Peta said smiling.

"So cool. When are we going?"

"Umm, in 2 hours."

"Do we already have dresses and everything picked out?"

"We do, remember we packed a fancy outfit? You helped me find them when we went on our shopping trip."

"Oh yeah? I helped with Clara's too. And yours. You got that pretty blue dress." Addie said as she slowly started to remember helping with everything.

"Exactly. Papa hasn't seen my dress yet."

"He hasn't! He's going to think you're so beautiful. Well he always says you're beautiful but this one is extra beautiful." Addie said.

"What's beautiful, my girls?" Maks said as he slid in behind Peta.

"It's a secret, for tonight, for momma's birthday." Addie said with a wink to her mother.

"But I don't want to not know the secret." Maks whined.

"Patience papa! Where's Clara and Anya?"

"They went with Uncle Noah and Rylan to look for frogs."

"Excuse me?" Peta asked looking at her husband.

"Apparently Noah and Rylan found a frog on the porch, and then there was a bunch so I guess the rain from last night brought them out? I don't know but Clara and Anya were enthralled so they decided to go on a frog hunt."

"Sounds like a good time. I'm not sad I'm missing that though." Peta said shuddering at the thought of the slimy looking creatures.

"Does Grace know? She loves frogs." Addie asked sitting up.

"Umm, I don't know. Her and Aunt Sharna were working on their latch hook project on the back porch." While the girls had been at their kids camp the one day, they had worked on a latch hook project. Addie hadn't cared much for the tedious activity however Grace had loved it. Sharna actually was pretty skilled in latch hooking and the two had began to another larger design.

"Can I go see if she knows at least?"

"Sure sweet pea. Just don't leave the house. I mean you can go on the porch with Aunt Sharna and Grace but no further okay?" Peta said.

"Okay, can I get my headphones and my ipod? I might swing and read while they work if they don't mind."

"You can do that." Peta said nodding as Addie slide off the bed and bounced out of the room. She felt Maks's arm loop around her waist as he buried into her neck. She ran her fingers up and down his arm as she felt him breath her in.