Nessa

I wasn't all that hungry and the ride over here definitely made sure of that. It felt like we did 80 all the way to the mall. I sat at a table and waited for them to come sit down. Dee was the first to make it over and she had like hella food, two trays of it to be exact. I looked over and saw Amber and Ace in the line for Great steak and potato. That line is always long as hell. Dee put her trays down and pulled out the seat and sat down. She looked at her food and then at me.

" You not hungry?" she asked me as she began to drown her food in hot sauce.

" Naw," I said and watched as she said what had to be the world's shortness pray ever.

She picked up a fry and ate it.

" Why not? Whats wrong with you?" she asked me as she took a huge bite out of this chicken breast that was leaking hot sauce.

" Nothing is wrong." I told her.

She looked at me and grabbed a napkin and whipped her hands.

" Bull shit, you been not to social ever since Ace went to sleep and woke up," She told me .

She took a sip of her drink.

" Too hot?" I asked as I took one of her fries and ate it.

" Naw, not hot enough," She told me and added more hot sauce.

She is gonna burn a hole in her stomach. I looked over to see Ace and Amber cracking jokes in line I guess.

" Has Ace always talked in her sleep?" I asked, and took another fry.

" Only when she is super high... ohhhh" she said and looked at me.

I guess it clicked.

" What she say?" Dee asked and took another sip of her drink.

" She pretty much told me how she got those scars on her neck," I said.

" Yeah, that was some fucked up shit," She said as she unwrapped her burger.

" You know I ain't know where she was for like a month," She said and bit into her burger.

" Really? You guys been best friends since diapers right?" I asked and looked at her.

" Yeah," She said and looked kind of sad, I have never seen any of them look sad before.

" Well see my moms has a lot of us, so she couldn't stay with us. Even though my moms and knew about all that grimey shit that was going on she just couldn't deal with it," She said.

" Well how did you guys hook back up?" I asked.

" Oh she came back to the hood to visit, and after that we would come visit each other. Then we got involved in this gang shit we in now," She was sounding like herself now.

" Oh okay," I said.

Before we could carry out our convo any more Ace and Amber walked back over with trays full of food.

" Here bay, I saw you over here eating Dee fries so I got you some," She said as she handed them to me.

I smiled and she smiled back. I wonder if she know she talks in her sleep.