Ace

I was laying on the couch half sleep after the outdoor actives we had just done. I was contemplating on how I was gonna go a sneak off and get a hair cut. It was almost back to its regular length. For some reason my hair grows fast.

" What you thinking about?"

"Getting a hair cut,"

"Uhh, No,"

"Don't tell me what to do," I told her as I rolled over onto my stomach.

"Ouch," I said in a montone voice as I rubbed my butt.

"Sit up,"

"Why?"

"Cause I'm going to braid your hair," She said.

"Braid it tomorrow," I told her as glanced at her.

She had on some boxers and a fitted t-shirt.

"No cause you be up before me and you might sneak off or some shit," she said an put her hands on her hips. I sat up on the couch.

"Im sleepy tho'," I really was tired.

Between the swimming, the nut, and the sun. A nigga was drain.

"It won't take me that long, besides your hair is damn near back where it started at," she said.

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Fine," I said as I scooted down to the floor.

She walked off to go get the hair crap. I turned on the TV to see The RugRats in Itlain on. I reached over and grabbed the lighter on the table. I grabbed the blunt that I had rolled a few mintues ago. I has plan on smoking it after my shower. But the shower only made me sleepy so the blunt was a after thought. Well until now it was. I placed the blunt to my lips and lit it. It felt good. Everything felt good. I was hoping the heat would be off of me so I can return home soon. But then again this felt like home too.

" Can you put that out so I can do your hair?"

I sighed and put out the blunt. I sat on the floor inbetween her legs. She started braiding my hair and I was starting to nod off.

" Ace," I heared her say.

" Yeah,"

"Why do you love me?"

" I don't love you," I told her.

She hit me in arm.

" Shut up, I wanna know," she said.

"I told you I don't love you," I told her.

We sat in slience for another 40 mintues.

"I'm done," she said.

As she ran her hands through my braids and it sent chills down my spine. I turned around and looked at her. She looked sad or something.

" How can I love you if everyday I keep falling in love with you? I love mama and Papa. But you.. I don't know its hard to explain is like every day its something new I fall in love with or I fall in love even more with something I already loved about you," I told her.

She smilled real hard and hugged me around my neck.

"You are such an asshole," she whispered in my ear. I laughed.