Ace

I was sitting on top of Ice car while her and babygirl took care of business.

" Yo Ace?" Cassie asked me.

" What up?" I asked her back.

I was kind of still ready to beat old dude ass. I was still pissed and I had no weed. So it was taking a lot of my self-control right now.

" Why are you so got damn hot headed?" she asked me.

You know as much as I get asked that question I never really can come up with a good answer.

" To be honest I have no damn Idea. My temper just gets the best of me," I told her.

Fuck I need a joint.

" Have you always been like this? I mean ready to kill somebody at a moment's notice?" she asked me.

No one has ever asked me that question before. I looked up at the night sky and scratched my temple.

" To be honest, I use to be okay when I was younger. I would get mad but I wouldn't beat ass though. I would just bottle that shit up," I told her.

I felt the car get heavy. I guess she got tired of standing.

" Would you ever take your anger out on my cousin, like if she pissed you off would you hurt her?" she asked me.

I looked over at her. Damn I know my temper is bad, but is it really that awful that people keep questioning my ability not to lay hands on Vanessa.

" To be honest with you, your cousin has pissed me off on more than once occasion and yet she is still breathing, and not in a hospital either," I told her.

" You right, but still you need to go get help for that temper of yours. I wouldn't want to have to beat yo ass," She said.

I looked at her and laughed.

" Man you can't beat my ass," I told her. She laughed a too.

" What the fuck ever at least I can try," She said and shrugged her shoulders.

" Damn I need a fucking blunt," I said.

" What you aint got no weed?" she asked me shocked.

" Hell naw, I aint grab none when I dropped my bag off at my crib, I aint know we was going out," I told her and ran my hand over my face.

I was dying over here. I was starting to become a tab bit uneasy.

" I think Chris might have some in the car. She almost as bad as yo ass, " She said and hopped off the car.

Damn I forgot to ask her ass. But she doesn't want to be sharing all the time though. I was waiting on Cassie to look through the car for some weed, and a blunt. When my phone vibrate on my hip. I sighed and looked at the time on my watch before retrieving my phone. It was only 10pm. Damn it felt like midnight. I got my phone and opened the text. It was from my older sister Amani.

' Amani 1- 708-747-8822'

I tried calling you last week. Y aint u answer?

'Me'

I was busy with work.

'Amani 1-708-747-8822'

O okay, well we are having a bbq this Saturday nd I told everybody dat I ran into you. And they want you to come.

I re read those word one more time before I even thought about a answer. Do I really want to see those mother fuckas. They never looked for me or took my ass in. I wonder what made them change their minds. I was in deep thought when I felt the car move again. I adamantly came out of my trance and found my hand on my 13' inch switchblade knife aka 'my bitch' it was something I picked up in New York.

" Damn Ace, yo fast ass reactions had me scared and shit," Cassie said and handed me a blunt and I took it .

" Shut up I was thinking. Did you roll this shit?" I asked her.

She nodded her head yeah. I lit the blunt and took a puff and passed it to her.

" Good shit," I told her and felt my body and mind start to relax.

" You gonna let me smoke with you?" she asked me and took a hit.

" Yeah, you rolled the shit," I told her as she handed it back and I took another hit.

" True," she said.

I nodded and took two more hits before I passed it back to her.

" Damn it Ace does everybody who sit with you end up smoking?" Ice said as she made her way over.

I looked over and saw Nessa finishing up with the police.

" I guess, but I needed a blunt," I told her.

" Is that MY blunt?" Ice asked us.

I shrugged my shoulders. This kush had me right where I wanted to be.

" Yeah Nigga it is. You can't do shit about it now," Cassie said.

I laughed a bit.

" Hey little girl watch who you talking too," Ice said and took the blunt from Cassie and inhaled it.

" Damn Fucker," Cassie said and snatched it back.

" Damn Cassie smoking makes yo ass even more aggressive," I said and laughed.

" Y'all really gonna be bold and smoke in front of the police?" Nessa asked us.

I looked over at her and licked my lips. I grabbed her hand and pulled her closer to me.

" Yeah, I know him anyway, he stay buying shit from us," I told her.

She looked at me and shook her head.

" Aye, Ice what the fuck was that U- turn about?" I asked her as I took the blunt from Cassie.

" Don't blow that shit in my face," Nessa told me.

I turned my head to the side and blew it out.

" I was going to Outback, but Cassie over here was talking and made me miss the turn onto the E-way, " she told me.

I laughed and shook my head.

" Well, shall we go now?" Cassie said, as she finished the blunt.

I nodded my head and got down off the car. I saw that old dude was still standing there. I guess waiting on some of his taxi driver buddies to get there.

" What about yo car?" Cassie asked me I looked at my car and at him.

I got pissed all over again.

" We called Ace's shop and they said they was on the way," Ice answered.