Ace/ Vanessa

I sat on the edge of the bed and looked at Vanessa sleeping. She was lying on her stomach with the sheet on the bed wrapped around her waist. The orange streetlight shone on her back, and her some of her hair was scattered around her face. She let out a deep breath and turned her head in my direction.

So far from what I remember is that I hurt her. Not physical but mentally. With all the shit I do. I know that she hates it. I'm starting to think that I should just leave her. She deserves so much more than I can give her. She needs stability. I can't keep reassuring her that I will return to her, because I sometimes honestly don't know. When I was in the coma I heard her talk and pray everyday. She sounded so hurt, in so much pain. I don't want to be cause of anything that might hurt her. I sighed and placed my head in my hands. I was at a crossroad and for the first time in my life I had to make a decision that affected to people. I could either let her go until I get out of this shit, or just shake the idea all together.

" Ace.. Baby I thought you had left me," I heard her voice call to me.

I felt her hand on my back.

" Nah. I'm right here baby," I told her as I turned around.

She was sitting up holding the sheet in front of her breast. Her hair had fallen in her face. I smiled and kissed her. She kissed me back. Our tongues danced to a melody that was in our heads. I pulled back and looked at her.

" Ace don't ever leave me, " She told me.

She had tears in her eyes. I wasn't sure why though.

"Don't cry baby," I told her as I embraced her in a hug.

" I had a dream you where gonna leave me. Cause I wasn't strong enough for you," She told me.

I couldn't say anything it was like she was reading my thoughts or something.

" If you left me.. I would be a mess. I don't know what I would do, you are the only thing I have left in this world," She told me.

I could hear her voice start to crack. I rubbed her back and rocked her from side to side.

" I wont leave you Vanessa.. I would never leave you," I told her, well I think I was telling myself more than anything.

I kissed her neck.

" Go back to sleep," I told her as I let her out of our embrace.

She laid back down and looked me in my eyes.

" I swear I'm get stronger for you baby. I promise I will," She told me as she closed her eyes.

I bent down and kissed her cheek.

"So che il mio amore. So," I told her.

"I'm glad you know baby," She said.

A few minutes after Vanessa had laid back down my phone rang I looked at the caller id and saw it was my sister Amani. Vanessa said that we were coo' again it took me a while to get use to that idea. But once she found out what happen she was over here ever now and then checking on me when Vanessa wasn't around. I must say I like having a sister and shit.

" What up?" I said into the phone.

I walked out the room not wanting to disturb Vanessa.

" .... Ace can I come over?" she was whispering and sounded like she was crying.

" Yeah, come over," I told her.

"... Thanks Ace," She said.

I went back and laid down in the bed. Vanessa scooted closer to me and rest her head on my shoulder. I have a feeling that sleep wasn't gonna happen right away. Besides it was still early.

--------------

-------------------------

I woke up to see that Ace wasn't still laying next to me. I looked over at her clock and it read 1:00am. I got up and put on a pair of her basketball shorts and one of my t – shirts. I heard some voices that were coming from the living room so I made my way out there.

" Well what do we have hear?" Nicki said.

I just rolled my eyes and made my way over to Ace. She was looking like she was in deep thought. She looked up at me and smirked.

" Move over Ice damn," I said.

Ice looked over at me and smirked, she scooted over and leaned in and whispered in my ear.

" My cousin must of put it on yo ass," She said and laughed.

I blushed and smirked.

" Damn Nessa, you fucked Ace neck all up," Nicki said.

I leaned on Ace and she put her arm around my waist.

" Ugh! Shut it. What y'all doing here anyway?" I asked them.

They knew they were embarrassing me.

" Well since y'all niggas cut out after prom and y'all niggas wasn't answering y'all phones. Also the fact that Rissa and Amber had been worried sick, we came over here to see if you guys were home," Cassie said as she laid her head on Ice.

" But as we can see you to are perfectly fine," Nicki said as she sat back on the love seat.

" What's wrong baby?" I asked her.

She had been quite since I walked in the room.

" Ace..."

I nudge her a bit. She snapped out of whatever thought she was having and looked down at me. I couldn't really read her. She removed her arm from around me and got up.

" Follow me," She said.

I got up and followed her back to the guest room. She opened the door and I saw her sister with her kids laying on the bed sleep. She closed the door and leaned on it.

" She showed up with them too around 12 or so," She said.

I crossed my arms and looked at her.

" I wasn't gonna let her ass stay here but she was crying, and the babies was about to start crying. She was looking just defeated and shit. So I took her in, " Ace said as she scratched her neck.

" She told me that her mother had kicked her out. She went to go stay with the kids daddy, but he end up beating her ass, because he found out that both the kids is not his," Ace said.

I know that she doesn't do well with the whole domestic violence thing. I could tell she wanted to fight both her mother and old dude.

" I told her she can stay her for a couple of weeks, until she can get a job or I find her one. But tomorrow I swear I'm take care of that bitch ass nigga," She said.

I could see her eyes flash black and then back to the green color I fall for every time.

" Ace don't do anything stupid you hear me. You just got out the hospital. My heart can't take that shit right now. Just try and let it go for now. She already made a brave ass move by leaving him," I told her.

I was shock that her and Amani have became so close so fast. She sighed and looked at me.

" Now come on lets go back and hang out with these niggas," I told her.

She sighed.

" Damn why you even let they ass in Ace?" I asked her as we made our way back to the living room.