Vanessa

It had been almost two weeks since I had dropped Ace off at the airport. She has only called me once out of those 11 days. She said that she was gonna have to stay a little longer than she thought. I've texted her and called her but I have yet to get an answer. I wasn't that worried because Rob was with her. But still I couldn't help but worry, it's only right to worry about somebody you love. Anyway, I had been working with Nicki for the past few days. I was making good money, and Nicki is cool as hell. When I'm at school or work I rarely worry about Ace, cause I have something to focus on.

" Hey, sweetie you wanna go to dinner with me?" Nicki asked me.

I looked up from my desk. She was standing there holding her purse. I looked at the time on the laptop it read 7:30 pm.

" Yeah," I told her.

I got up and stretched. I grabbed my purse and Nicki and me made our way out the door. Ace told me that I could keep her car until she came back. She also told me that if I scratched it she was gonna beat my ass.

"I'll drive girl," Nicki said and we hopped in her 2009 Maserati Quattroporte.

It is like this charcoal color with red and black interior. It is real nice. She started up the car and backed out of the parking lot.

" So have you talked to Ace?" I asked her.

" Yeah. I talked to her mean ass," She said and laughed a bit.

" Oh. When?" I asked her.

" Like 2 days ago. She told me that a shipment was on its way in, and if something is messing she is holding me responsible," She said and made a right turn.

" Damn, that ain't koo'," I said and sat back in my seat.

This is a bad ass car.

" I ain't worried about her ass. She was just talking out the side of her neck. She stressing that's all," She said.

" Is that why she ain't been responding to my calls and text messages?" I asked her I wanted to know.

" Yeah maybe. You know she hot headed and will say some mean shit," Nicki said.

I nodded my head. We rode to Giordona's Pizza, and got out the car. The waitress sat us down and handed us menus. I order a Sprite and Nicki got an Coke. We both decided to on the deep dish Spinach pizza.

" Nicki why do you this stuff?" I asked her as the waitress sat down on our drinks.

" Do what?" she asked me and placed the straw in her cup.

" You know the gang life stuff?" I asked her.

She took a sip of her pop.

" Well, it's good money, never really had a true family and I feel like I have that now," She said. I nodded my head.

"Besides I like the perks of it. I mean how many 20 years old do you know pushing the kind of whips me and Ace push, " she said and laughed.

" Yeah, that true. But isn't it dangerous though, you talking like you not scared and stuff. Ace act like she got more than one life, " I told her and stirred my drink with my straw.

" Well, yeah it is dangerous of course you gonna get shot at, kid napped or even locked up. You just gotta trust that the fam will come through for you. And they always do. Like Ace always says: " If you show us loyalty, honor, trust, and respect we will always show you the same," She said.