Nessa

We were at the counter of the Tux place, putting down the payment on her tux. I opted for the lady who was making my dress to make her a bow tie. I want something a little different for prom so I somehow talked Ace into wearing a Bow – Tie, and suspenders. She said she already had some tan and white shoes she brought from Stacy Adams and never wore along with a hat.

I step outside of the store to call the rest of crew to see where they were. But before I could, I got a text from Amber saying that she was on her way to the Tux store. I text her back and was about to head back into the store and tell Ace.

" OH Vanessa darling," I heard my name called and I was stopped in mid dial.

I turned around to see this girl name Ashley coming walking towards me. Ashley has to be at least 5'3 dark skin, nice weave, very nice skin, and has to be one of the most stuck up females I know.

The only reason I talk to her is for my father and mother. They have to maintain this image and nothing could be worse for a high profile lawyer, than to have a daughter who best friends are in middle class according to them.

" Hi Ashley," I said and placed my phone back in my pocket.

" Hey Bitch," I heard Amber say.

I laughed in my head Amber is the only person I know to bring out the "ghetto" as Ashley calls it in Ashley.

" Hello tramp," Ashley said back.

She turned her attention back to me.

" Oh Vanessa we are having my annual get together this coming Saturday," She told me and smiled at me.

I heard Amber suck her teeth. I wonder were Dee was.

" Oh okay, is it alright if I bring a friend?" I asked.

Before she could answer I heard Ace come out the store loud.

" Nessa this man wanna know when I should pick it up," She said.

" Pick it up on April 27th," I told her.

" Hey who this?" she asked.

" I am Ashley, one of Vanessa friends, and there is no need to ask her who I am when I am standing right here," She said as she looked Ace up and down.

Ace was still standing in the door way of the store. Just leaning in the door way like she owe shit. She looked at me and then at Amber.

" Now back to what I was saying, yes you may, but know that Edward is going to be there and he is just to in love with you," She said.

I heard Ace let out a small chuckle. Amber was laughing her ass off. I bit the inside of my lip.

" I hope you are not going to bring that... that homosexual behind you," Ashley whispered loud enough for only us to here, but I think Ace heard because she started to laugh.

" Yes, I am you said I can bring a friend and I am," I told her.

I heard Ace stop laughing. I turned around to see a looking at me with a blank face. She shook her head. Amber looked at me and shook her head as well. Amber had walked off into another direction I guess she was mad at me. But they don't understand, if I get kicked out by my parents I have no place to go. I would rather piss them off, than my lifelines.

" Well fine then, I will just tell my sister to come and keep your friend company, even though mommy and daddy kicked her out for begin a homosexual. Maybe they will hit it off. Well I must be on my way," She said and just as fast as she came she was off again.

" So I'm only your girl friend around certain people huh?" Ace asked.

It caused me to jump a little bit.

" I can't let them know that I have a girlfriend. It will hurt my dad's rep and I would be kicked out of the house," I told her, as I turned around to looked at her.

She looked pissed.

" Fuck that shit, you always got some type of bull shit holding you back from being real. I like you , I really do, but I can only put up with this bull shit for so long," She told me.

She placed her hands in her pockets and looked at me.

" Look Vanessa I got to go handle some business, I called Dee and them and told them. They at Footlocker so meet them there, " she told me, as she reached in her pocket and pulled out a stack of money she count off like 300 dollars.

" Here go get me the new J's size 10 ½ in men. Whatever is left get you something. See unlike you I don't deny you as my girl, I still get you shit even if you don't claim me, "she told me and walked off.

I mean I really couldn't say anything there was nothing for me to say. I fucked up.