Nessa

After getting off the phone with Ace I couldn't help but to worry about her. I didn't know if she was truly okay. She didn't sound okay and something told me she wasn't. It just wasn't sitting right that she had been gone since Friday. I had to see her, and her telling me not to only push me further to this conclusion. I had text Dee to see where she was at she told me at Ace crib. I quickly text her back and asked for the address, after I got dress in some jeans, a tank top and a hoodie Dee text me back the address. It took her like 5 minutes to do it. I made me an overnight bag and grabbed my keys and charger.

I flew out the door. It took me 30 minutes to get there and fine a place to park my car. I just parked my car in a parking lot that was costing me 28.00 dollars. I walked into this nice ass building and straight to the elevator. I rode it all the way up the too the penthouse floor. I grabbed my bag tighter. I was nervous as to what she would say. As I came closer to her door, I notice a small girl walk out. she was about 5'5 and had short hair cute, she was dressed in sweats and had a pair of Nike slides and socks on.

" Ace I'm not playing with yo dumbass, keep ice on that and you gotta rest for 3 days. And take the pills weed is not gonna take the pain away," I heard her tell Ace.

She sounded like a momma.

" Well can I a tleast drink some more of the vodka?" I heard Ace ask.

" Ace don't fucking play with me, I will kill you," She said.

She laughed and Ace gave her a hug.

" Bye Slim," Ace said.

I walked pass the girl and she had a amused look on her face. Ace was about to close the door until I put my foot there to stop her.

" What the fuck Slim?" she said and swung the door open.

She looked tired and beat up. Hell she was beat up. She had a cut in her hairline that was being held together by some stitches. She had on her beater, some balling shorts and black ankle socks. I could see that she was bandage up. She pulled me inside her apartment and locked the door.

" I told you not to come see me," she told me

. I dropped my head not waiting to look at her. She didn't look like Ace. She looked different. Like she had seen war she seemed distant and cold.

" I'm sorry, but I had too you didn't sound good on the phone. I was just really worried about you. I had to see for myself if you were truly okay," I told her a wipe the tears from my eyes.

" I didn't want you to see me at my worst. When I'm weak, and still upset," She told me.

She grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to her. She took her hand placed it on my chin to raise my face up. I looked at her. She still looked off in another world, but I slowly started to recognize my girl again.

She leaned in and kissed me so gentle that it shocked me. I tasted the liquor on her breath. I put my arms around her neck she broke the kiss and I hugged her as lightly as I could.

" LET GO," She yelled at me I jumped back.

She raised up her shirt her stomach was covered in bandages and wrapped up. she touched the bandages lightly and made a face that had pain written all over it.

She looked at me and I looked back up at her with tears in my eyes. I was trying to be strong but I couldn't, the tears were cascading down my face like a waterfall. I was pissed that somebody could do this shit.