Ace

I was sitting across the table from Vanessa. She was looking down playing with her food and just smiling to herself.

" What you smiling about so hard?" I asked her as I took a bite out of my mash potatoes.

" I don't know," She smiled at me.

" Yes you do,"

" I like this, you know just you and me alone. You not looking so stress out,"

She looked at me.

" Oh. I thought it was because we just had sex," I told her and cut into my steak.

" Shut up! You always fucking up a moment," She said and giggled a bit.

" However, that did make things damn near perfect," She whispered lowly.

I smiled and sat back in my chair.

" Well I can make it perfect later on tonight," I told her.

" How you gonna do that?"

" I don't know. And if I did I wouldn't tell you,"

To be honest I didn't know. I was thinking more sex, but to be honest I'm fucking tired. She rolled her eyes at me.

" Bay, how would you feel about going to Italy with me?" I asked her and sat back in the chair.

She looked up at me and dropped her fork.

" Are you serious?" she asked me.

I nodded my head.

" I arranged us a flight to leave out the day you graduate," I told her and readjusted my hat.

" How long will be staying?" She had the biggest grin on her face.

I licked my lips.

" For the summer," I told her.

I wasn't sure how to tell her the next part though.

" But, I wont be coming back till like November," I told her and bit my bottom lip.

She looked at me and tilted her head and looked at me to see if I was lying or not. She sat back in her chair and started to rub her earlobe. I guess she does it when she gets nervous or something. I've never seen this habit of hers before. But then again I'm usually not here when she is nervous or worried.

"Ace, can we please go back to the room?" she asked me.

She didn't even look at me.

"Okay love,"

I asked for the check and we walked back up to room. I open the door and let her in first then I walked in after her. I sat down on the couch as she made her way to the bedroom she hadn't said two words since I told her that she would be back before me.

" Ace why would you stay longer than me?" she came back out into the little living room area.

" You have school. I don't want you to miss any of it," I told her.

She was standing over me and it was making me nervous.

" I can go to school there,"

" When we come back you wont be able to start school till the spring semester," I told her.

I know how this college shit work and it's just a bunch of shit.

" We'll we can stay till January,"

"Can you sit down?" I asked her as I ran my hand over my face.

I felt my body try to tense up on me.

" No. I don't wanna have a seat," She told me.

I bit the inside of my lip.

" Look, your credits form what ever school we enroll you in might not transfer over.

Then you would be piss," I told her.

My leg started to bounce up and down.

" I don't fucking care Alesha!" she yelled.

I clenched my jaw and just stared her down.

" Vanessa sit the fuck down and watch your tone with me. I'm trying to keep it together but you making it hard," I told her calmly.

I was so close to losing my temper. She looked at me and sat in front of me on the coffee table.

" I know that it's gonna seem like a long time without me here. But its getting hot as shit in the game right now. I gotta lay low for awhile," I place my hand on top of hers and removed it from her ear.

" Ace, I don't wanna be away from you that long. It's like 2 months of me being alone," She looked at me and had tears filling up in her eyes.

" Baby, it's only 2 months out of forever we got to spend with each other," I told her.

She gave me a faint smile.

" That shit was corny," She said.

I laughed and pulled her to the couch with me.

" It got you smiling tho'," I laid back on the couch and she got ontop of me and cuddled into my shirt.

" I can't stand yo ass," She said.

I knew she was talking about the whole Italy thing. I kind of feel like this shit is only gonna get worse when the time comes for her to leave and I'm not on the plane next to her.

" Yeah, Yeah," I told her and turned the TV on.

I heard my business phone ring but I wasn't about to answer that shit. One it was to far, and two if they real wanted me they would hit the other line too.

" You not gonna get that?" she sat up a bit and looked me in my eyes.

" Get what?" I asked her.

" Nothing," She smiled at me and pecked my lips.