Dezmond the Lawyer

*Dezmond*

The next morning I woke up with Jaharee still on my mind.I was wondering what he did. I got in the shower did my hygene thing then picked out my clothes. I went with a black tailored suit and some black heels. I curled my hair and put my pearls in and put my real pearl necklace on.I had 30 minutes to be at work. So I fixed Hazel a couple bottles and put them in the fridge. I got the keys to the black Lambo and I peeled off. When I got to the building one of the lawyers showed me the ropes. If somebody called I answered. We were in the middle of a tour when the boss was arguing with another lawyer. "He on the damn most wanted list what do you expect me to do?!!!"the man screams. "You cant just drop him from the case" the boss yells back. "Well I just did and I quit!!!" the man yells back. "Great now Ive lost one of my finest lawyers and I have a open case." he said kind of to his self. "Sir can I take over I already know the defendent and I think I can clear his name" I say."Good ok I will send him to your office." he says. I walk into my office and there is a fruit basket and coffee sitting on my desk. I drink the coffee and wait on Jaharee. When he walked in I bet he thought he was dreaming.

*Jaharee's POV*

That white man that was my lawyer quit on me. So now they switching me over to some women. I bet she old and aint got no life. The man led me to a office. He knocked and a all too familiar voice answered. We walk in and there she was: Dezmomd. "Jaharee have a seat" she says. "Ok explain to me what happened" she says. "Aight so Im in the target or whatever and this is after you and ya husband left out of there,so this lady goes crazy and starts screaming at me saying I killed her husband and raped her daughter,Me being me I didnt want no trouble so I ran" I say to her truthfully. "Aight Jaharee Im taking over yo case your first hearing is tommrow I will come by to pick you up so be up and ready" she says. I nod and she lets me go.I hope Dezmond knows what she doing.

*Dezmond's POV*

My first day on the job and I already got a case. I was excited but then again I just wanted to get home and be with my husband and kid. When the end of the day came I grabbed my fruit basket and walked towards my car. Before I could get the key in the ignition somebody is banging on the passenger side. I look up and I see Jaharee. He looked in danger so I unlocked it and he got in. He was breathing hard. "Whats going on?" I ask. "I dont know that lady got people out for me Dee" he says. "Look if they find out where I live im giving you this" he says while taking a small chain with a key on it off. "Dezmond this money will be yours understand me?,blow it on your baby girl" he says. "Jaharee you aint going out like this you staying with me,we fin to drive by my house so I can pick something up then we will get your stuff from your house ok?" I say. "Dezmond-" "I dont want no excuses" I say interuppting him. He just nods and I pull off.

A couple minutes later we pull up at the house. "Kasen its me when I get back we need to talk" I say. He shouts back ok and I grab a gun and put it on my waist. I got back in the car and we drove to Jaharee's crib. I cut the car off and we walked around in the dark just in case they were watching the house and saw any lights on. After Jaharee grabbed all his clothes and we loaded them in the trunk we hopped in a sped off.

We got back to my house at 8:30 and I was exhausted. Kasen came downstairs and laid on the couch beside me. "You ok?" he says. *I tell him about the Jaharee situation and about how my feet hurt.* "Everything will be ok" he says. He takes off my heels and put my feet in his lap. He started to massage them and I aint goin lie it felt good. I felt like falling asleep right then and there but I had to take a shower. "Kpooh can you carry me upstairs?" I ask. He nods then picks me up bridal style. He laid me on the bed then went in the bathroom and started the water. "I got some warm water running for you" he says. I nod and lay there.A couple minutes later he comes back in and tells me the bath water is ready. I strip out all my clothes and get in. I felt instant relief. I just laid there for a while until I heard Hazel crying.I got out and put a towel over my self. I dried off and the lotioned my self up and put my pajamas on.I walked in to where my daughter was and Kasen was in there chair rocking her. I took her from him. "Go get some sleep Kpooh I'll watch her til she falls asleep." I say. He nods then leaves out. I got in the chair and rocked her. She wasnt going to sleep though. I sung to her and she stopped giggling. Then I heard her light snores. I put her in the baby bed then went into my room. I had along day ahead of me tommrow. I got in and Kasen wraped his arms around my waist. I fell asleep quick.

*Next Morning*

I woke up the next morning and I was ready to get this court day over.I took a shower and did the rest of my hygene thing. I picked out a black button up shirt,my black skirt,and my black Red bottoms. I decided to put my hair in a bun and put my studs in my ear.I went in the guest room and Jaharee was already dressed. I checked on Hazel and then turned the baby monitor on in our room so Kasen could hear her.We got in the black Lambo and drove away.

A couple minutes later we made it to the court room and I was confident for some odd reason.I walked in and saw the women that said Jaharee commited that awful crime. I walk to my table and Jaharee sat down next to me. We waited on the judge and when she walked in we all stood. "Mrs Harrison how does your defendent plee?" The judge asked. "Not guilty your honor"I say. "Ok people lets get this going" she says. "The court would like to call Jaharee Mons to the stand your honor" I say. "Ok Jaharee now tell the court everything that happened in Target that day" I say. *He tells the story*

I turn to the jury. "Now he obviously doesnt know about what she is talking about in fact Mr.Mons told me he was in the Dominican Republic and just got back 2 days ago isnt that true Mr.Mons" I say towards Jaharee. "Yes that is I have receipts from over there in everything." he says."Well can you show us a receipt Mr.Mons?"the judge says. He pulls out his wallet and gives the judge a receipt. "Well honestly me being me I dont need the jury to decide this" She says. "As the judge of this court Mr.Mons I pronounce you.......NOT Guilty." She says. Jaharee came over and tackled me. "Thank you Dezmond I owe you" he says. "No you dont just stay outta trouble" I say. We walk out and get in my carand I drop him off cause I still gotta go to work.

After dropping Jaharee off I went to the office and as I walked in everybody was giving me congraz and telling me how good I did. Then the secretary came and told me that the boss wanted to see me. I got in the elevator and made my way to the 30th floor. I got out and he had a big grin on his face. "CONGRAZ YOU WON YOUR FIRST CASE" He screams. I grin and he comes over to hug me. I hug back and then he says: "Im having a party tonight more like a dinner my family and kids will be there,you should bring your family" he says. "I will consider it" I say. "Well go home you had a good court day and you deserve some rest at 9:30 if you want to come we will be at Carabba's." He says. I nod then walk out. I got my stuff from my office then walked out to my car. When I finally got home I checked on Kasen and Hazel then got some sleep.

*Another chapter....guys Im tired as hell and Im just going thru some things i have a migrane too but ayyeeee i will probably update later if I feel better well vote and comment Tell what you think of the book and im really considering taking up writing in college should I? Well let me know. Until next time..

Your Dedicated Author,

Destini Hudson :)