#015 Beedrill

Beedrill, the Poison Bee Pokémon. The final evolution of Weedle and the evolved form of Kakuna. Beedrill is highly territorial and normally lives in colonies. Beedrill seems to be especially concerned with the welfare of Weedle and Kakuna, and it will respond aggressively to those that disturb them. Disturbing a swarm of Beedrill will cause the whole colony to attack. It flies at high speed and attacks using the large venomous stingers on its forelegs and abdomen. The two stingers on its forelimbs allow it to use its former signature move, Twineedle. It will take the victims of its attacks back to its nest for food. Beedrill nests in forests and misty wooded areas.

Clutching a cup of tea, Isabelle watched the sunrise after an intense day and night. The tea in her mug had gone cold, but the nurse did not notice. Ivysaur laid on her lap, making soft sounds to coax his trainer into touching him. He seemed worried for the golden blonde and would stay with Izzy until she felt better. Putting her cold tea aside, Isabelle wrapped her arms around the Grass-type and held him as she relived the previous day.

Nurse Isabelle's journeys had brought her all over Kanto. A day that Izzy remembered clearly was in Kanto's northernmost city, Pewter City. The city of the Rock-type Pokémon and people. Everyone who lived there was as hard as their Pokémon. Honest and hardworking. Isabelle was fond of these people.

Having arrived there late at night the previous day, Isabelle only had some time to look around town when the sun rose again. However, as she descended the stairs from the guest area, an air of panic could be felt in Pewter City Pokémon Centre. Jogging towards the emergency room, she found Nurse Joy standing over a peculiar shape.

"Joy, what's going on?" Isabelle asked as she entered the emergency room. The advantage of being a nurse was that she could simply barge in and offer her assistance.

"A Beedrill. He has been Frozen!" Joy told her, perplexed. And indeed, in the ice block on the treatment table, the Poison Bee Pokémon could be seen.

"How is that possible? Ice-type Pokémon are incredibly rare in Kanto," Isabelle said, causing Nurse Joy to shake her head.

"We can only guess. Right now, we need to thaw this Bug-type. The problem is, because Ice-types are so rare, we do not have any Ice Heals since we have never needed them. Of course, I have sent for them to be collected but that might take days before it arrives her. I need your help. We need to try to thaw it manually. It's Beedrill's only chance."

Like that, with the heater up high, the two nurses worked hard to thaw the ice around the Bug-type Pokémon. Isabelle did not own any Fire-types and Joy didn't even have any Pokémon.

However, without Ice Heal or any berries that would give the same effect, it was looking dire for Beedrill. Till long past the sun had set again, the ladies worked on thawing out the yellow and black coloured Pokémon, only taking a tiny break to eat something, brought by an apprentice at the centre that Isabelle did not know.

Past midnight, Beedrill's temperature was reasonably normal but still, the Bug did not move. Daring to get close to the territorial Pokémon, Isabelle listened for a heartbeat, fearing the worst. And indeed, there was no heartbeat, just as Izzy feared.

With shaking hands, Nurse Isabelle woke Joy, who had slumped in the corner of the emergency room.

"Joy, Beedrill is dead. His heart has stopped." Her voice did not shake as she said it, seemingly calm. On the inside, she cried for the poor Bug Pokémon.