#030 Nidorina

Nidorina, the Poison Pin Pokémon. The evolved form of the female Nidoran. Nidorina is a gentle Pokémon, known to be a caring mother that chews food for its young. It seems to display close family bonds with others of its kind, and becomes nervous when separated. Nidorina prefers not to fight since its horn grows slowly, but if forced or enraged, it prefers physical attacks such as clawing and biting. It also emits ultrasonic cries to befuddle foes. Nidorina lives in hot savannas and plains.

The following morning after Nurse Isabelle had rescued the little female Nidoran, the rain had stopped. Holding an apple in her hand as breakfast for on the road, Izzy left the cave in a good mood. It felt amazing to be able to walk normally again, albeit carefully because of the mud everywhere. This rainstorm had left the forest a mess. A cry made her freeze. Behind her, the young Nidoran came running towards her, crying for her to wait so she can catch up. Isabelle sighed.

"Come on, you. Go back home. It's not storming anymore," she sounded slightly cross, but that was because she did not want the cute yet poisonous Pokémon following her. It would be so easy to just catch it right now, but she could never love her the way she loved her other Pokémon. No, Nidoran should go home. It obviously had one. They could not survive alone for long.

The blue Pokémon ignored Izzy's words and sat at her heel, waiting for the nurse to start walking again. With an annoyed sigh, Isabelle started walking again. She'd have to find its mother for her.

Not far ahead, after only an hour or two of walking, Isabelle heard something. The Pokémon sounded in great distress so Isabelle jogged towards the source of the sound. A Nidorina sat on the side of the road, crying out over and over again. Even Nidoran's poking could not cheer her up.

Around the Nidorina, the ground was a mess. Scorch marks were everywhere, even on the trees surrounding the area, most likely coming from a fire-breather while the claw and skid marks probably belonged to its opponent. The Nidorina smelled the ground, laying on the grass next to an imprint of a collapsed Pokémon. Clearly, she had known the Pokémon that had collapsed there.

Snapping a branch under her foot accidentally, Isabelle made herself known. The Nidorina shot up, with fearful eyes. At least, her wailing had stopped. It cowered away, as if afraid of humans. This was odd behaviour for an otherwise gentle kind of Pokémon.

On the road, heavy boot prints showed in the mud. Combining those with the signs of a fight, it wasn't hard to figure out what had happened. A trainer must have captured a Pokémon here, using his own Fire-type.

"You knew this one?" Isabelle pointed to the indentation in the grass. The Nidorina nodded, causing Izzy to sigh. Oh dear, a broken heart. While Isabelle ran a hand through her hair to think of what to do to soothe her distress, the Nidoran began talking to the Nidorina. At first, the bigger blue Pokémon didn't listen much but Nidoran must have said something that seemed like an amazing idea to Nidorina. They both cried out in excitement and ran over to Izzy, both sitting patiently at her heel.

"Are you kidding me? Both of you? Go away! I don't want you to follow me!" Yet again, they ignored her. So it's true what men said about women. Females seemed to be selective of hearing. Isabelle groaned.

"Fine! But as soon as I find you shelter or a better place to stay, I'm leaving you there. Surely, there's a mother Pokémon or human willing to take you two in," she grumbled as she walked off with her increased, blue tail.