#150 Mewtwo

Mewtwo, the Genetic Pokémon. Mewtwo was created after years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments based on Mew. It is said to have the most savage heart among all Pokémon, lack compassion, and strike fear into its enemy with cold, glowing eyes. Because it was engineered to be the ultimate in battle, it can only think of defeating its foes. In my only encounter with it, Mewtwo exemplified these vicious characteristics and was shown to be capable of levitation, telepathy and mind control. Mewtwo conserves energy by remaining motionless in order to unleash its full power in battle. – Nurse Isabelle

"Mewtwo will deal with you, intruder," a cold voice promised as the unfamiliar Pokémon hovered slightly above the ground, coming closer and closer to where Dominic Whitewater stood. This Mewtwo was like nothing Dom had ever known and so he called upon his friends and allies to help and protect him.

"Come out, everyone!" He shouted, tossing six Pokéballs up into the air. He summoned every Pokémon he currently had with him that was able to fight. Raichu, with her cheeks sparking furiously; Machoke, who beat his chest with his fists; Rhydon, who roared as he appeared; and Tauros, who scraped the ground with his hooves. Kingler was not with him anymore, having been sent to his younger brother to practice with. Chansey and Ponyta were also called. The Egg Pokémon would be able to support the others, and the blue-flamed horse was just as worthy as any of his. The baby Lapras was kept safely in her ball.

A bit ahead, Mewtwo laughed a deep, psychic chuckle. "Fool. You cannot stop me." Tauros, impatient as ever, roared and charged forward, intending to take down the unsettling opponent. However, with a simple flick of his wrist, Tauros was suspended in the air, floating and helpless. A flamethrower from Ponyta, also in blue fire, diverted Mewtwo's attention and forced him to drop the bull. That gave Dominic an idea on how to fight this thing.

He ordered the Pokémon never to attack alone. Rhydon, Tauros, and Machoke were the physical attackers. Raichu and Ponyta would use their special attacks. Chansey just had to do her thing. Dom wasn't entirely sure how to command her properly. Izzy would have known, he thought with a stab of pain as he looked at the immobile girl ahead, still in the grasp of Giovanni.

Every attack was deflected. Pokémon were swung around. Around them, the laboratory took the most damage of all. Rogue flames, lightning bolts and the simple collision of Tauros, Machoke and Rhydon's heavy, brawny bodies sent equipment flying and crashing into pieces. Mewtwo was barely hurt and Chansey kept their side in decent shape, but enough damage was done to the building that sections of ceiling began to clatter down. It was getting dangerous for everyone, including Giovanni himself.

"Mewtwo! Enough. We are out of here," Giovanni called, summoning the unnatural Pokémon back to his side. Obediently, Mewtwo returned with a mighty leap. Then the Viridian Gym Leader shoved Isabelle forward, causing her to fall to the ground. "Release her," he ordered his Pokémon. "We have no more need of her. You see, boy, all we needed her for was to revive Mewtwo, which she did splendidly. You can have the wench back. Shame of such a supple body, though."

The man in suit leered for a moment more at the woman with the blond hair before striding away. Without any thought of his own safety, the ranger dashed forward to pull the nurse into his arms. Her eyes were shut. She appeared to be unconscious. The sound of a helicopter taking off could be heard before Dom saw it fly away, though he'd all but forgotten Giovanni and Mewtwo with his nurse in such trouble. Machoke had followed him and was defensively punching away pieces of concrete as it fell down from the ceiling. They desperately needed to get out of here.

As he ran, he summoned some of his Pokémon back. Raichu, Ponyta and Tauros were recalled. That left Rhydon and Machoke for defence and Chansey, who could hopefully help her trainer.

Rushing through the double doors, which had now fallen off their hinges, Dominic gently laid Isabelle down on the filthy ground. Her hair stained from the dust and dirt but that was not his main concern now. She still had not opened her eyes, despite all the noise of a building collapsing. Chansey got to work: singing for her, trying to feed her some of her soft-boiled egg. Eventually, in frustration, she slapped her trainer, managing to hit her three times before Dom pulled her off. As he shouted furiously at the guilty-looking Pokémon, a soft moan could be heard. He was just in time to see Isabelle open her eyes, holding her sore cheeks with a look of confusion. Her mood did not improve when she saw where she was: a foreign island with a crumbling building in the middle of the night. She had no time to look at Dom for answers before he wrapped his arms around her in the tightest hug he dared, in case she was injured. He sobbed quietly, utterly relieved she was alive and back with him.