#106 Hitmonlee

Hitmonlee, the Kicking Pokémon. Hitmonlee's legs freely contract and stretch. Using these springlike legs, it bowls over foes with devastating kicks. After battle, it rubs down its legs and loosens the muscles to overcome fatigue.

In Saffron City, a man has founded a fighting dojo, for Fighting-types and any Pokémon that likes to fight physically. While it has not become an official gym, every trainer fought with their whole heart to make that dojo the best it can be.

Nurse Isabelle was there for a check-up, talking to the owner of the same Machop she had met earlier. The poor Machop was rather sad to hear Wartortle was no longer with Izzy but somewhere else where he could never find her again. Isabelle stroked him over his head.

"You'll find another. There are plenty of other Water-types in the sea."

"You know," Machop's trainer said. "That guy with the Machoke over there hasn't stopped staring at you since you entered, miss nurse."

Isabelle curiously looked over her shoulder at the male in question. He was wearing a sleeveless shirt and shorts, as he trained alongside his Machoke. Indeed, he did glimpse at her and when he caught her looking at him, he shot her a grin and a wink. Sighing, Izzy shook her head.

"I'll talk to him about it," she declared.

The trainer looked shocked. "Are you sure? He looks physically stronger than you. Be careful, miss nurse."

Izzy smiled sweetly at the younger guy with his Machop. "Don't worry. He won't hurt me."

With a purpose, Isabelle marched right up to the man with the Machoke. Both of them paused their training to watch the blonde nurse walk up to them with her swaying hips.

"Excuse me. Could you please stop staring at me like I am a piece of eye-candy?" She placed her hands on her hips to look fierce.

Dominic Whitewater, for that was the guy's name, grinned at his girlfriend. "Can't I enjoy a gorgeous lady when I see one?" He wrapped his arm around her waist and kissed her neck, causing her to squeal and push him away.

"Ew, you're all sweaty," she declared though she could not suppress her smile. "Good to see you, Dom."

"The pleasure is all mine. What are you doing here?"

Izzy shrugged. "My job. You should try it too, some time."

"Nah," Dominic waved her comment away. "Much too exhausting. I'm off duty for a year, remember? I'll go back to Johto soon, but not before we beat the Dojo Master!" He gestured to the buffest guy in the room, who was there with his Hitmonlee. The kicking Pokémon was kicking fiercely at a punching bag. The poor bag stood no chance and crashed to the ground, causing the people in the dojo to cheer.

As Dom and Machoke battled some of the dojo trainers, Isabelle handed him a towel to wipe off his sweat. It looked all innocent, being a soft, water blue, but at the right corner of the towel, a Psyduck has been embroidered. The look on his face when he noticed it was amazing and made Isabelle laugh so hard she fell over.

Together, they had lunch. All Dominic could talk about was battle strategies, but Isabelle forgave him. He was entirely focussed on his battle with the Dojo Master, later.

"How's Kingler doing?"

"Oh, that old guy is fine," Dominic said with his mouth full. "He's a little surly and hard to control sometimes, but he's mellowing in his old age. However, give him honest work and he'll do it, though he's grumbling the whole way."

Isabelle chuckled. "How's my girl Raichu? Did you tell her Wartortle is gone?"

Dominic nodded. "Yeah. While she wasn't pleased, she seemed to understand it was better for her. Actually, could you hold her during this afternoon's match with the Master? She had wanted to be there but I cannot keep an eye out for her."

"I'd love to! You know I am fond of your Raichu. She's so sweet."

"Like you," Dominic winked before stuffing his mouth full again, causing Izzy to sigh.