#065 Alakazam

Alakazam, the Psi Pokémon. The evolved form of Kadabra and the final evolution of Abra. Alakazam's brain continually grows, infinitely multiplying brain cells, making its head far too heavy to support with its neck. This Pokémon holds its head up using its psychokinetic power instead. This amazing brain gives this Pokémon an astoundingly high IQ of 5,000. It has a thorough memory of everything that has occurred in the world.

After the sleepwalking Kadabra incident, Nurse Isabelle stayed over at Saffron Gym, in case any more events such as those happened. Fortunately, the night turned into dawn quietly. Just after dawn, Isabelle was expected at the battlefield, where she would see the case she was summoned for.

After a quick breakfast of tea and a roll with jam, Isabelle walked through the hallway to the main hall. Everywhere, people were glueing together chairs that had been smashed or matching orphan legs with their table. With a light, encouraging smile, she tiptoed her way through as she approached the massive double doors ahead.

Ever since Sabrina found herself again, she had renovated the place. Much more natural light, for example. Less oppressive, too. Inside, the green-haired lady stood with her Alakazam. The humanoid psychic was only a bit smaller than the Gym leader, but a lot smarter.

"Good morning. Here I am. So, what's the matter with Alakazam?"

"Let me show you, Nurse Evergreen,"

"Please. Call me Isabelle,"

Sabrina pulled out of her pocket a small recording device. When she pressed play, Isabelle was strongly reminded of Beedrill. The familiar buzzing sound, however, had a very severe effect on Alakazam. Immediately, he grabbed his head, crying out in extreme terror. Because it disrupted his focus, Sabrina stopped it after only a few seconds. Together, they stroked Alakazam until he calmed down. Alakazam need psychological focus, of course, to hold their heads up because their bodies are not physically strong enough.

"Scared of bees, such as Beedrill? That's a problem... " Isabelle sat down on the bench of the challenger's supporters. "Hmm.. This will take a while to solve. Of course, it's quite possibly manageable. You just need to spend a lot of work on Alakazam. Are you willing to do this?"

"Of course, Isabelle. Tell me what I must do."

Taking out her phone out of her pocket, she played with it in her hands, contemplating whether she should call first or tell Sabrina first. The latter won.

"Alakazam won't like this. It's called exposure therapy. Basically, we'd have Alakazam meet a well-trained Beedrill once a week or so. From it merely sitting quietly in the back of the room, till being able to touch it and fight it again. This'll be very mentally challenging for Alakazam, since he'll have to face his fears."

"But he'll be okay after this, right?"

"I'm quite sure he'll be."

Sabrina placed a soft kiss on Alakazam's head. "Will you be doing this treatment?"

Isabelle shook her head. "Not likely. I know someone who works in the centre nearby. She's a big fan of yours. Don't worry," Isabelle laughed. "She isn't as preppy as most Joys. She's rather alternative. Long, Arbok-purple hair. These thigh high boots. She's cool," Izzy nodded. "She was there when you sent me that note with Venomoth to make this appointment. She was very, very excited that I'm here today."

Sabrina allowed a soft smile. "When can she come?"

Through the phone in Izzy's hands came a cheer and a shout: "I can be there in ten minutes!"