#026 Raichu

Raichu, the Mouse Pokémon. The evolved form of Pikachu. Raichu exudes a weak electrical charge from all its body and slightly glows in the dark, and is capable of storing over 100,000 volts of electricity. However, it will become aggressive if it has stored too much electricity. To keep from reaching this state, it discharges electricity through its tail into the ground. This leads to scorched patches near its nest. If Raichu's sacs are fully charged, its ears will stand straight up and its muscles become stimulated. Raichu is found in forests and woodlands.

Growing up in a busy city like Celadon, Nurse Isabelle found herself longing for some tranquillity occasionally. This time, she decided to go to the sea. Route 25, near Bill's Lighthouse. She loved this place.

Pidgeotto was flying around, soaring over the sea. Wartortle was out, too, playing in the waves. Ponds and baths weren't enough for a Water-type to stay healthy. They needed real water every now and then. Her cries told Izzy she was feeling much better. Ivysaur was around somewhere, too. The sun was shining and so Izzy would be able to find him napping somewhere.

"Hello? Whose Ivysaur is this?" Speak of the devil, and he shall appear. Nurse Isabelle turned around and saw a familiar man standing a bit further off. His orange Pokémon was fuzzing over what seemed to be her Grass-type, who was totally out cold. Not wanting to keep him waiting, Isabelle jogged over to where they were, trusting Pidgeotto and Wartortle to take care of themselves and each other.

"He's mine. I'm sorry, he just likes the sun... Oh! Hello there!" Isabelle recognised the man as Dominic, the guy with the borrowed Pidgeotto. She, in her Nurse-themed outfit, was much easier to recognise and she received a smile back.

"Hey there, Nurse Isabelle. Fancy meeting you again," he told her. Dominic Whitewater was a tall, thin trainer with a heart of gold. From their previous conversation, they found out that they thought the same about Pokémon welfare; that they were friends and partners, not tools for personal gain.

"So this is the Pokémon you spoke about? A Raichu. Nice choice," Isabelle praised, kneeling down in the sand in front of the dark orange mouse. Her fur looked healthy and her mild temperament told Izzy she wasn't over-charged. "She looks great," the nurse told Dom with a smile.

Dominic beamed back at her. "She should. This little lady is quite important to me. Aren't you, Rai?" He asked her.

"Rai! Rai!" Raichu replied energetically.

Dominic ran a hand through his black hair, which was made messy by the sea wind and smiled down at the golden blonde.

"I was on my way to find some lunch. Perhaps you'd like to come with me, to share a picnic?" His smile held more warmth than the sun did.

Isabelle stroked Raichu's head bashfully. "I'd like to, but preferably here. It's been so long since my Pokémon could play. I'd hate to call them back now while they're having so much fun."

Dominic nodded. "Good thing I came prepared then. Ta-dah!" He called out, revealing a picnic basket. It made her laugh. "I have enough food for two, and for four Pokémon. Please join me?" He asked. Isabelle couldn't help but agree.

So there they sat on the sand. Their backpacks functioned as tables and all around the two trainers sat the Pokémon. An Ivysaur, a Pidgeotto, a Wartortle, and a Raichu. Strangely enough, Wartortle and Raichu were sitting together, chattering in the way only girls could do. Isabelle explained to Dominic that Wartortle used to watch over a band of Squirtle and, therefore, was rumoured to have quite a soft spot for young Pokémon. Dominic nodded and told her that Raichu tried to nurture anything. Big or small, young or old; it didn't matter to Raichu. She even cared for him. That made Izzy smile.

Isabelle noticed that Dominic preferred to pay attention to Pidgeotto rather than Ivysaur. She wasn't entirely sure why. It couldn't be her Ivy's personality since it's just an affectionate napper. Because of the pleasant mood of the picnic, Isabelle decided to ask him if she'd ever see him again. Not today.

As the sun set, they finally finished all of the food. They had been sitting there for hours. Talking to Dominic was so easy that time flew by. Pidgeotto had already returned to his ball to rest. Ivysaur was sleeping, yet again. Wartortle and Raichu were searching for something in the sand of the beach. Possibly shells.

Standing up and brushing the sand off their clothing, they both packed again. Isabelle would stay with Bill in his Lighthouse and Dominic would go to Cerulean City. They shook each other's hands as they said goodbye. In the background, Wartortle and Raichu were hugging.

"Well, then. I do hope to see you again. It's been a pleasure having lunch with you," Isabelle smiled up at the tall male.

"The pleasure is all mine, princess," he smiled. He kissed her hand, recalled Raichu, and walked off.

Isabelle shook her head to get herself together, recalled her own Pokémon, and headed off to the lighthouse in the distance.