#135 Jolteon

Jolteon, the Lightning Pokémon. One of the evolved forms of Eevee. In addition to the ability to become as sharp as needles, Jolteon's fur also amplifies the electrical charges produced by its cells. It can also store and generate negative ions in its fur, which create a sparking noise. This Pokémon is most often found in cities and towns under the ownership of Trainers. – Nurse Evergreen

Having left the stall of Team Mystic, Nurse Isabelle continued down the fair. She did not get far before a bright yellow stall drew her attention. A massive flag sporting some massive, electric bird flew like a banner, shining proudly from the almost reflective motif. Kids had gathered around, wearing any kind of yellow garment. Some wore hoodies, others wore shirts, dresses or scarves. One girl even had a Pikachu hat, despite it being summer. The ears looked adorable on her, though.

In the middle of the loud crowd, a young man was mock-fighting with his Jolteon. Both held onto one end of a rope and seemed to be in the middle of a tugging war. Some of the audience were chanting the name 'Spark', but Izzy wasn't sure whether the prickly-haired man or the Jolteon was Spark. It seemed a fine name for either.

With arms crossed, Izzy watched the competition. The closer the male pulled the Jolteon to his side, the louder the crowd became, until the midline was passed and the man had won. Izzy actually winced at the screams that erupted. These yellow-robed people had a lot of fun and did not seem to care what others thought of them, whether that was positive or negative.

"Team Instinct! Dab!" The victor called out and everyone around her assumed such a peculiar pose it seemed as if they were sneezing with an arm up in the air.

"Bless you?" Isabelle said uncertainly. All around her, people laughed and high-fived before going their own way. The leader spread out his arms and the Jolteon leaped up, being held like a puppy. When the electric-type licked him, the young male laughed.

"Thank you, miss. My name is Spark and welcome to Team Instinct!" All around him, people cheered at hearing the name. It made Isabelle laugh; they certainly were a lively bunch.

"Nice to meet you, Spark. I'm Nurse Isabelle Evergreen. This is a team similar to Team Mystic over there?" Isabelle gestured with her head to the subdued stall, where Blanche was reading a book. All around her, people gasped, but Spark merely laughed.

"Yes, we're also Pokémon Trainer's Team. However, we're nothing like Blanche and the rest of Team Mystic. We trust our instincts. We believe that's the best way of caring for Pokémon."

Isabelle nodded thoughtfully. "Do you have a special preference for electric-types or ...?"

Spark shook his head. "No. Every Pokémon is valuable. I have a Pidgeotto and I called him Wingdings!" He looked so proud of the name that Isabelle couldn't help but burst out laughing.

"Wingdings? That's the best name I've heard so far."

At that, Spark looked so pleased with himself that he shot Blanche a grin, who merely shook their head in disapproval.

"Let me guess? You told him so?" Isabelle asked, causing Spark to chuckle.

"Yup. Blanche is very serious, though. Oh, have you met Candela yet? She's great! She's at the red stall, over there." He pointed at the place where a demonstration Pokémon battle was held. Their flag read Team Valour.

"Thank you! I'll be sure to check it out. Bye Spark! Bye Jolteon!"

Spark waved enthusiastically as Izzy left, nearly unseating Jolteon who was cradled in his arms.