#119 Seaking

Seaking, the Goldfish Pokémon. The evolved form of Goldeen. Seaking is a very powerful swimmer that is found in rivers and streams. It can not only swim against a river's current but it can travel up waterfalls. In the autumn spawning season, it travels upriver, where male Seaking, grown fattier and more vibrant in colour, engage in elaborate dances to court females. Seaking uses its powerful horn to bore holes in riverbed boulders in order to shelter its Eggs from water currents. A mated pair takes turns patrolling around their new nest for roughly a month, and defends it with their lives.

Nurse Isabelle stood in the hall surrounding the pool, which circled the dome of the Gym. The one who had built the Cerulean Gym had saved no expense to get the most magnificent aquarium in the entire Kanto region. Much bigger fish swam in there, but the one Isabelle was currently following was a Seaking couple. Together, they swam rounds over the length of the Gym.

On the beginning of her third lap, a girl joined her, silently for a while. Only slightly younger than Izzy, the blue-haired girl was undeniably one of the Sensational Sisters. They did not speak, content to walk around the gym at the speed Seaking swam. The young lady, who Izzy knew by reputation was named Violet, seemed to have something on her mind. Izzy would not push her though; she was quite content to watch the Seaking, who were presently disturbed by her own Dewgong whizzing past. The sea lion was an exceptionally strong swimmer and massive, too.

When Violet made up her mind, she acted by grabbing her hair at her scalp and pulling it off. Startled, Isabelle turned to face her. Underneath what had been a blue wig, raven black hair was revealed. The protective cap was taken off and her hair was shaken out.

"A wig, hm?" Isabelle merely said. Violet nodded. "All of you?" At this, she shook her head. "Misty's a natural redhead. The rest of us have black hair." Gently, Izzy ran a hand over it. "It's so silky. As expected, you know how to take care of it."

Lily came towards Violet, glaring at Izzy and at Violet's black hair. She tossed some mail at her older sister and stomped off again. Isabelle muttered something about her being in a foul mood.

Violet, however, was flicking through the mail. Bills, mostly, and warnings of imminent drastic measures, such as cutting off electricity. Violet looked near tears. "Did you know about this, miss nurse?"

Isabelle nodded slowly. "The Joy at the centre spoke about it. The Gym's about to close, isn't it?"

"Please! You have to help us! We have nowhere to go!" Violet dropped the bills and grabbed onto Izzy's shirt. "Please!"

Isabelle gave her a weak smile. "I'll see what I can do. I'm just a nurse, though. I help Pokémon. I've never saved a Gym before."

"Violet!" A voice called out. The previously blue-haired girl twirled around. The third sister stood behind her with her yellow wig. Now that Izzy knew their real hair colour, the wigs looked a bit off. Their eyebrows were too dark and their complexion did not entirely match up. "Leave us, please."

Nodding, Violet left, wiping her eyes, leaving Izzy alone with the eldest of the sisters.