#073 Tentacruel

Tentacruel, the Jellyfish Pokémon. The evolved form of Tentacool. Tentacruel has large red orbs on its head. The orbs glow before lashing the vicinity with a harsh ultrasonic blast. This Pokémon's outburst creates rough waves around it. Tentacruel has tentacles that can be freely elongated and shortened at will. It ensnares prey with its tentacles and weakens the prey by dosing it with a harsh toxin. It can catch up to 80 prey at the same time.

After the excitement of rescuing the Tentacool and a well-deserved lunch, every member of Nurse Isabelle's team did their own thing. Ivysaur was asleep on the blanket in the shade, snoring with every other breath. Wartortle was swimming again, apparently planning on getting as much exercise as she could before they'd leave for the mountains, early tomorrow morning. Pidgeotto was catching the rubber balls shaped like Jigglypuff that Isabelle threw at him, training his reaction speed. Out of all of her Pokémon, Pidgeotto was most interested in battling. Not wanting to make the same mistake she'd made with Wartortle, Isabelle was giving a little bit into his wishes outside of his duties in the team. She should have taken Wartortle to those salons and breeding contests and all, but she hadn't noticed sooner. It was a bit too late, now.

Suddenly, they heard terrified cries from the ocean. Isabelle turned her head just in time to see Wartortle go under despite her thrashing around. From under the trees, Ivysaur came running as Pidgeotto circled over where Wartortle disappeared. Despite Izzy's current annoyance with Wartortle's behaviour, she did love her turtle. By the time Ivysaur caught up, the bird was hovering over the water, taunting the attacker to come up to the shore, which it did. The massive shell of a Tentacruel broke the surf with, clutched in his tentacles, Wartortle, who was twitching violently. Realising she had been poisoned, Izzy ordered Ivysaur to attack with his Razor Leaf. Tentacruel had too many tentacles to keep them all busy, so a diversion would not work.

In a manner Isabelle had never seen of her male team members, the two worked together like they'd been fighting together for years. Pidgeotto managed to grab one of the tentacles and proved his immense physical power by lifting the jellyfish in the air. The ordered Razor Leaf cut Wartortle free, injuring the Tentacruel so that his tentacles retreated. A well-timed Vine Whip caught the turtle as she fell, swiftly pulling her back to land.

As Isabelle cradled her unconscious turtle in her arms, feeding her an antidote, she watched Ivysaur charge up a Solar Beam, strengthened by the sunny weather. Within no time, he managed to blast off Tentacruel far from the shore, causing the violent Water-type to retreat under the waves.

Having called Wartortle back to her Pokéball, she wrapped her arms around her exhausted Pidgeotto and Ivysaur.

"You guys were great. I'm so proud of you, and I'm sure Wartortle is, too!" Her praise was accented by the blinding light that came from inside her hug. Covering her eyes and leaning back, Isabelle couldn't really tell who was evolving. When the light was finally gone, the nurse blinked a couple times. The first one she saw was Ivysaur, looking both stunned and pleased for his friend, who had evolved into a gorgeous, massive Pidgeot.